Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 6'0 and have a long upper body and short legs (32"). I have trouble buying off the rack dress shirts because their "tail" tends to be too short. I have had success with Land's End Custom, but was curious if anyone knew of any off the rack dress shirts that are known to be made long?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I'm 6'1" and I also have this problem. I recently purchased a shirt by Robert Talbott and the shirt tails are the longest of any shirt I own...could tuck them into my knee highs almost. Check Off Fifth Saks for good deals on Talbott shirts. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
464 Posts
It can also depend on your arm length. Some manufacturers add extra length to the body of the shirt when the arm length exceeds a certain threshold. Paul Fredrick does this. The length of their shirts work well for me and my torso/leg ratio is even larger than yours. Go to PF through the link on the AAAC vendor page to help support this site.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I am 6'2" and I have a 33 inseam. Some OTR shirts have longer tails than others but I have never needed to have extra long tails on shirts. It is nice when the tails are slightly longer and you can tell this right away. BB, Nordstrom, and Polo make nice long tails on their shirts.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
6'2" and a 31" inseam and Brooks Bros Shirts work fine for me as do the custom LE shirts.

If I needed a lot of shirts I would get measured my MyTailor. I really don't need any shirts, but once in awhile when there is a pattern I just think I need, I get a MTM shirt through a clothing store from Individualized.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
I second the suggestion that you try Brooks, they are cut long. However, I only have experience with what they've termed their "traditional" cut, which is very full, as is my preference. Don't know about their other cuts.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I second the suggestion that you try Brooks, they are cut long. However, I only have experience with what they've termed their "traditional" cut, which is very full, as is my preference. Don't know about their other cuts.
Slim fit tend to have longer tails also. The OP may want to try having some shirts made up if this is a big problem for him,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.