Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post! Anybody know of a good men's source for colorful spring/summer plaid cotton sportcoats? I have a few patchwork madras sportcoats already, but lookin for the non-patchwork plaid type with lots of color. Saw a very colorful one recently but cannot for the life of me remember where I saw it. I remember seeing a link to a "haspel" madras sportcoat on the internet, but when I clicked on it, it had expired.

Thanks.

·
Registered
434 Posts
These are ridiculously easy to find. Obviously, Brooks Brothers makes a couple each spring like you're seeking. Lilly Pulitzer makes the patch ones. Polo makes some of each. I am not a haspel fan. Dozens of other places make perfectly good ones. As they're cotton and sometimes even part linen, I generally avoid the higher-end makers, as I don't think you get an appreciably better quality or fitting garment from then as compared to what you'd get at BB.

The other good thing to do to get a feel for them is to go on ebay and search 'madras' then keep refining your search (clothing, shoes and accessories then down to men's clothing then down to blazers and sport coats) until you've got a reasonably big group of them (21, at present); look to see the makers you like and then try to find of those.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.