Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's my dilemma - it's time to get new glasses. The main issue is I apparently have a head shaped like a football and need extra long temples.

Currently, I wear Shuron Ronsir Zyls which allow for longer temples. The pair I have on right now is a 6.25" or roughly 160 cm.

The wife wants me to change it up a little and really likes the Ray Ban 5283 shape.
https://www.ray-ban.com/usa/eyeglasses/RX5283 UNISEX 001-rb5283-tortoise/713132447390

The glasses are fine but the temples are too short at 145. I can't find any similar frames with longer temples, either. Persol looks like their temples are too short, too.

I suppose I could get another pair of the Zyls, or another Shuron offering like the Freeway or Sidewinder. These models also offer extra long temples.

So, does anyone have suggestions for classic eyeglass frames with extended temples?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These guys will send you a bunch to try on at home: https://www.warbyparker.com/

Can you optometrist not help you select some based on the style you want? They should also be able to help fit/adjust them to your head.
I looked at Warby. The temples appear to be 145 which is too short.

My optical "insurance" is pretty much limited to just getting frames from Luxotica so I'm limited to what they have but, yeah, I need to talk to the eye doc not just the staff running the register.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I looked at Warby. The temples appear to be 145 which is too short.

My optical "insurance" is pretty much limited to just getting frames from Luxotica so I'm limited to what they have but, yeah, I need to talk to the eye doc not just the staff running the register.
Given that Luxotica own just about all the big names you are in luck, the actual optometrist should be able to recommend a number of options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.