Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all!

I have a wedding (not my own) to attend in May, on the beach here in Charleston. As I anticipate seeing lots of seersucker, I wanted to do something a bit different.

I have a very good Montecristi panama, so I wanted to try to find a good, Havana-style white linen suit. I need a decent source to acquire one, as I can't seem to find one to my liking here in Charleston. Any suggestions?

Regards,
AWB

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
Magnoli Clothiers have linen suits, with the benefits of it being MTM. https://magnolic.ipower.com/catalog...d=177&osCsid=cb850439c28e01eb90bd37a9ca898fdd

They may be able to do one in white. They also have a single breasted model.

Hello, all!

I have a wedding (not my own) to attend in May, on the beach here in Charleston. As I anticipate seeing lots of seersucker, I wanted to do something a bit different.

I have a very good Montecristi panama, so I wanted to try to find a good, Havana-style white linen suit. I need a decent source to acquire one, as I can't seem to find one to my liking here in Charleston. Any suggestions?

Regards,
AWB

·
Registered
188 Posts
separates

I can't speak to availability, mine came from a fellow member here. The amortiztion isn't as bad as noted, however, as I find I split it fairly often. The trou can be worn with any number of shirts, from polo to OCBD and linen pastels. The jacket is great with jeans, khakis, and dressier pants. Worn as a suit, another excellent summer casual option along with the different seersuckers. Just know you will need to embrace the rumpled look.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I can't speak to availability, mine came from a fellow member here. The amortiztion isn't as bad as noted, however, as I find I split it fairly often. The trou can be worn with any number of shirts, from polo to OCBD and linen pastels. The jacket is great with jeans, khakis, and dressier pants. Worn as a suit, another excellent summer casual option along with the different seersuckers. Just know you will need to embrace the rumpled look.
That's how I talked myself into a linen suit. I almost never wear it as a suit (actually, I'm not sure I've ever worn it as a suit). But often wear the trousers with a sport shirt, or the jacket with jeans or other trousers in the summertime.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I looked at Brooks Brothers and Ben Silver...both were much fonder of their suits than I was.

Perlis on Magazine Street in New Orleans. They probably have six different choices in white linen suits and maybe as many or more in seersucker.
My wife graduated from LSU, and I've spent a considerable amount of time in NOLA. I feel a bit foolish for not thinking of Perlis. Now, if I could only get them to ship a Po Boy from Mothers as well.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
You must be reading my mind-I'm fiending for one, myself.

Nordstrom has white linen suit separates in their March catalogue-you'd be looking at $420.00 ($295 jacket, $125 trousers). That would roughly compare to the BB suit when F&F sale occurs.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Hello, all!

Regards,
AWB
Sierra Trading Post might have a Haspel linen suit, and I know I saw them as separates on belk.com. They shouldn't be nearly as expensive as the ones at Brooks or Ben Silver.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.