• yes it is fake

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • no it is real

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
It’s a fake Burberry shirt. If it were authentic, then (among other things) the label would read “BURBERRY” in all caps. Never with the letter “s” at the end, and never any lowercase letters. The real brand is BURBERRY.

What you may have is a real “Burberrys” shirt, but a fake “BURBERRY.”

You done got hornswoggled.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a fake Burberry shirt. If it were authentic, then (among other things) the label would read "BURBERRY" in all caps. Never with the letter "s" at the end, and never any lowercase letters. The real brand is BURBERRY.

What you may have is a real "Burberrys" shirt, but a fake "BURBERRY."

You done got hornswoggled.
Hi, thanks for your reply, after some research I found that in the 90s there was a couple of years where this was the genuine Burberry label because the briefly changes the name then the changed back to 'BURBERRY'

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Hi, thanks for your reply, after some research I found that in the 90s there was a couple of years where this was the genuine Burberry label because the briefly changes the name then the changed back to 'BURBERRY'
I stand corrected! That could be an old-style label from the 1980's or 90s. And have you researched the buttons? Maybe they have changed through the years as well.

I guess you're back to square one.

How much did you pay for the shirt?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Looks really fake to me. I've seen older "Burberrys" shirts and they don't look like this at all. I've also never seen a label quite like that on Burberry shirts, and I've seen plenty of Burberry shirts, new and old.
Also, the stitching on the label does look sloppy and so does the stitched knight on the horse. Burberry considers itself a premium brand and wouldn't have bad stitching.
There should also be another label on the shirt showing fabric content, country of origin and care instructions. That label should also be marked "Burberrys"

·
Super Moderator
488 Posts
Ever since someone in Burberry marketing dept. convinced the management of the need to "diversify to reach a wider audience" and thus use the trademark lining pattern as the main brand beacon on everything from shopping bags to hats and leggings, I have never desired anything from Burberry.

One exception would be the classic trench coat if the quality is still as it used to be...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This question gets posed on AAAC at least once a month. There is plenty of data in the archives regarding authentic Burberrys/Burberry.

My question is why anyone would want a Burberry plaid shirt. Attending a Chav fest?

Cheers,

BSR
Hi, thanks for your response, I'll be sure to check that out.
I'm afraid I missed the chav fest this year, but by the looks of your profile picture you made it to the KFC fest, how was it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks really fake to me. I've seen older "Burberrys" shirts and they don't look like this at all. I've also never seen a label quite like that on Burberry shirts, and I've seen plenty of Burberry shirts, new and old.
Also, the stitching on the label does look sloppy and so does the stitched knight on the horse. Burberry considers itself a premium brand and wouldn't have bad stitching.
There should also be another label on the shirt showing fabric content, country of origin and care instructions. That label should also be marked "Burberrys"
Thanks dude, I showed the seller this message and he's now agreed to give me a refund, have a good Christmas

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.