Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again Gentlemen,

Could you recomend where I could find "High Quality" men's Trousers.
Something with that little extra zing--a subtle quality which speaks to a quality lovers soul?

I'm 6' 34in waist w/ lean legs- usually prefer tapered pants.
Is Brooks Brothers a great choice? Any others? RLPL-are they worth the price premium?

ETA: I'm looking for Business Casual(for the Nashville market )
Jos Banks just "doesn't do it for me"...

I wish we had a Ralph Lauren flagship store here!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
are you 34 waist and 32 inseam or 34? more? less? It might help to understand because if you are 34x30 its harder to lean that out. I think a lot of high end OTR pants tend to be fairly full cut but you are after business casual - which would mean odd trousers like grey and navy flannels and gaberdines etc. and not Khakis yes? Just trying to pin this down a bit.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you 34 waist and 32 inseam or 34? more? less? It might help to understand because if you are 34x30 its harder to lean that out. I think a lot of high end OTR pants tend to be fairly full cut but you are after business casual - which would mean odd trousers like grey and navy flannels and gaberdines etc. and not Khakis yes? Just trying to pin this down a bit.
Yes, 34 wt x 31.75 lh.
As far as some of the other concerns I'm not that sure about...:confused:
I like to blend in so nothing "Liberace" like, but something that has that something extra. Business casual, yes, but not boring or ordinary. I struggle for descriptions...
I really hope not to spend way too much $$ finding out what I do like. :icon_smile:

ETA: My Closet Runneth over--with stuff I don't like. :cry:

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
You can get what you want at Brooks Bros....

Go to BB and try on the Fitzgerald or the Regent. Make certain they are the ones which are unhemmed. Another pant they carry is the Country Club. You are just about my dimensions and I have both the Regent and Country Club in flannel with plain front. They will run about $248 retail and less when on sale. I would get the plain front with no cuffs to accentuate your slim build. The winter season is about over so you may have to wait a month to see what they will have for the coming season. Last year I got a white summer flannel with blue pinstrips. Looks sharp wth a navy blazer.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I would check out those local recommendations but I would avoid going with cuffed pants as they may tend to make your legs look shorter. If you are on a tight budget then just make sure they are hemmed right because fit and cut dont cost like materials and labels do, neither does making sure they are pressed. Expensive pants that are too full or have a really low rise or are too short/long or wrinkled look like hell. Go for some light weight wool and start with blues and grays and build from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.