Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
Of the three jackets you pictured, the Olive hued jacket would be your best choice in my opinion. Pair the coat with khaki hued trousers during the day and charcoal or brown trousers in the evening.

· Registered
14,999 Posts
I’m not crazy about any of them, at least based on your criteria of versatility and evening wear.

I do like the lavender model, though it’s versatility is pretty limited. Nevertheless, I like it.

· Registered
13,646 Posts
I'm not sure what you are going for - an "odd" color or a versatile color? And what do you mean by versatile? I can see matching any of those three sport coats with many different combinations of pants and shirts, but that doesn't mean they are all versatile in the same way.

While not completely mutually exclusive, the most versatile-colored sport coats - navy, for example - have become "common" colors because they are versatile and because they don't stand out / aren't "odd."

Odd, tends to stand out which reduces its versatility because you probably don't want to wear it too often as people tend to notice odd-colored clothing items and you don't want to be the guy that wears the, just an example, light-green sport coat four times a week.

Also, of the options you show, only the lavender one would, IMHO, be an "odd" color, thinking about odd in the not-common context. I think the lavender one is a nice looking color and sport coat and would pair well with many items (so versatile that way), but as noted, owing to its stand-out color, it would be less versatile as you couldn't wear it that frequently.

Conversely, the off-white / light tan one is not an "odd" color and is versatile (would match with many things and would not stand out, so you could wear it often), but again, it seems not to hit the "odd" button you are trying to push.

The green one is somewhere in-between the two.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry my english is a bit limited to explain , was more asking which one of these would be least extravagant for casual wear , as its not the most standard color for a sport coat
They are really nicely made and have beautiful lining so was thinking of getting one

· Registered
653 Posts
The olive jacket is the safest bet. The lavender jacket is the most daring and would likely be appropriate only for the spring and summer. It will likely pair best with pale colored pants. White jumps to my mind first. Pale yellow, tan or pale blue might also work. Black will also work. Blue jeans might work for you ( see pic below).
Your best bet is use "Google Images" to get some pictures and see if the colour works for you. Here are couple I got from there:

Outerwear Suit trousers White Dress shirt Neck
Clothing Trousers Outerwear Dress shirt Sleeve
Trousers Suit trousers Shirt Arm Dress shirt

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the informations
1. More if anyone knows
Jacket width is stated in chest 122cm around 48"
Thats my exact width of chest ...
Is that usually food fit as I find mostly that suit dimension should be exact to chest or a bit smaller for snug fit

· Registered
842 Posts
This thread is making me want to run out and get a lavender sport coat myself. I see some beautiful combinations can be put together and I hadn't considered that color before. So my personal preference would be the lavender. I think it could be a good alternative to the lighter blue blazers and sport coats that were once bold, but are now becoming fairly common.

edit: just noticed the date. You've likely made up your mind and pulled the trigger by now. Enjoy whichever you decided on!

· Honors Member and King Fop
6,032 Posts
Thanks for all the informations
1. More if anyone knows
Jacket width is stated in chest 122cm around 48"
Thats my exact width of chest ...
Is that usually food fit as I find mostly that suit dimension should be exact to chest or a bit smaller for snug fit
Since you are obviously not a native speaker of English, for your future reference, you surely mean the circumference of your chest is 48 inches. You are obviously a big, husky guy, but I doubt whether any human male with a chest 48 inches wide has ever existed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.