Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Navy Jos A Bank. Sign Gold suit, 120s wool, 2BT, double pleated trousers. 38R with 32 pants. Only worn twice. Looking to sell it for around $150. (Purchased for $380, but realize that once a year they can go for about $150, so I am selling at that price, currently they are at about $500)

I do not care for double pleated pants, this is the reason for selling. It is in perfect/brand new condition.

If there is an interest. I will pay Andy, and post it in the Sales forum and post pictures, for offers. I am not trying to by pass the normal process here. I just first want to see if there is any interest.

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
I very nearly moved this to Sales but I decided to keep it here. I have to get on the soapbox for a minute; it sounds as though you have a perfectly decent suit. The only reason you're selling it is because of pleats??

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I very nearly moved this to Sales but I decided to keep it here. I have to get on the soapbox for a minute; it sounds as though you have a perfectly decent suit. The only reason you're selling it is because of pleats??
Thank you.

Yes, having just graduated, Jos A Bank was my first stop to get a suit. After the second wear I learned that I did not like double reverse pleats - at- all.

Called around to a few tailors and said it would be too expensive or too hard to change them to a flat front.

So as of now, this suit is just a perfectly good suit that is just taking up room in my closet.

Its a great buy for anyone who likes double reverse pleats.

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
What's so terrible about double reverse pleats? My personal preference is double or single forward, but reverse are nice as well. It just seems like a waste of money to get rid of it for such a trivial reason. Not judgin', just sayin'.

Thank you.

Yes, having just graduated, Jos A Bank was my first stop to get a suit. After the second wear I learned that I did not like double reverse pleats - at- all.

Called around to a few tailors and said it would be too expensive or too hard to change them to a flat front.

So as of now, this suit is just a perfectly good suit that is just taking up room in my closet.

Its a great buy for anyone who likes double reverse pleats.

·
Registered
628 Posts
If it's only reverse pleats you don't like, you can have their direction reversed. I have done it at least four times on my own pants, usually right before sending them to the cleaners so they can press them. It's a simple enough operation and can even be done yourself, if you don't feel like spending the money on tailoring. While you have the waistband opened, you can even add a watch pocket, something I've done twice (I had extra fabric). In fact, If you like, PM me and I could do it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it's only reverse pleats you don't like, you can have their direction reversed. I have done it at least four times on my own pants, usually right before sending them to the cleaners so they can press them. It's a simple enough operation and can even be done yourself, if you don't feel like spending the money on tailoring. While you have the waistband opened, you can even add a watch pocket, something I've done twice (I had extra fabric). In fact, If you like, PM me and I could do it.
Thank you for the help and advice, I really appreciate it.

I just wear flatfront pants. I actually tried to find flat front pants that matched the suit in order to save it, but couldn't.

So now I am just resolved to sell it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.