Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Anyone have any experience with this? I guess the other possibility is Scotchguard. Or do nothing - fur felt is somewhat resilient without any treatment.
I've used it on my suede footwear, and am delighted. But sorry, no experience with it on fur felt. Perhaps there's something about it on the website? Or maybe they'd entertain an inquiry via either e-mail or a call regarding its suitability.

I would think it should work very well unless there's something I'm missing. The only concern might be if it were a very light colored hat and that it might darken it.

·
Partner / Administrator
1,798 Posts
I've not personally tried liquid repellents on fur felt, but just heard about a super hydrophobic liquid repellent called Detrapel on Shark Tank.

https://www.detrapel.com/products

What was most impressive about the pitch was that the creators of Detrapel showed that the liquid is even safe for a person to consume (spray it in your mouth).

I would assume if you can drink it, it may be safe enough for the fur felt, but I can't say for certain.

They have some small bottles for around $13. Might be worth a try.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Anyone have any experience with this? I guess the other possibility is Scotchguard. Or do nothing - fur felt is somewhat resilient without any treatment.
I've never used any spray on my fur felt hard.
Thinking more about it, fur felt is naturally water repellent. That's one of it's major virtues. So unless one is going be standing in a downpour for an hour, it might be superfluous.

·
Suspended
10,801 Posts
One might consider the possibility of existing within a computer generated 'virtual reality' simulation should the 2nd thermodynamic law prove itself to be excessively inconvenient.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.