Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, first post but I've been reading the forum for a while.

I notice everyone has a lot of good things to say about MyTailor in terms of fit, cloth quality, and overall value. However, I would like to know: how badly do MyTailor shirts wrinkle over the course of a day (ie compared to a Brooks Brother non-iron)?

Its my understanding from another thread that they come out of the washer and dryer relatively wrinkle free, but I'm more interested in wrinkling during the course of a workday. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi everyone, first post but I've been reading the forum for a while.

I notice everyone has a lot of good things to say about MyTailor in terms of fit, cloth quality, and overall value. However, I would like to know: how badly do MyTailor shirts wrinkle over the course of a day (ie compared to a Brooks Brother non-iron)?

Its my understanding from another thread that they come out of the washer and dryer relatively wrinkle free, but I'm more interested in wrinkling during the course of a workday. Thanks in advance!
Hemrajani Bros / MyTailor offers a variety of fabric and weave options, so it's very difficult to describe "wrinkle resistance" as a metric across all of those choices.

From personal experience, I can tell you that I have several Hemrajani shirts in their Executive 2-ply Italian cotton variety. These don't seem to wrinkle or not wrinkle any differently from other $100 shirts I own. Not sure if that helps you or not.

As the previous poster said, wrinkling is a characteristic of a particular cloth, not necessarily a particular maker.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd imagine fabric selection is what causes wrinkles, not the tailor.
Just for clarification, when I refer to "MyTailor", I'm referring to shirts made from MyTailor.com. And also, I'm most interested in their cheapest cloth option, the broadcloth that goes for $59.

Thanks for the responses so far! Anyone with insight on the fabric I'm referring to?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Their $59 cotton shirt will wrinkle just like any other cotton shirt. If it's their blended shirt, those will wrinkle far less. Again, it's all about the fabric being chosen as opposed to a particular shirtmaker that determines its wrinkle factor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.