Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
The Hale in merlot was the first AE shoe I ever bought, a little under a year ago. I was in search of higher-quality footwear than I had worn up to that point (Rockports), found this site and followed recommendations. It was a revelation in terms of fit, comfort and appearance. It remains the best-fitting shoe in my collection, which thanks to recent discounting is growing at a steady clip. At this point I pretty much wear AE exclusively, although I'll have to give Aldens a try one of these days.

The thing I can't get over is I can wear these and my other AE's all day without my feet getting tired. I can't do that even in sneakers.

· Registered
565 Posts
Would you....

...buy a pair of Hales in merlot from the shoe bank for $225 (about $300 CDN with shipping)?

That's what they're going for right now. Not too many left in my size, but I was hoping that the price on final closeout would be lower. I want an AE in merlot, and advice from another thread got me thinking about the Hale.

McClain seconds are $244, FWIW.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.