Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was at Nordstrom on Michigan Avenue on Saturday and saw a rack full of Santoni on sale. Most were from the FAM line and were marked down to $600 from $1000. I noticed thought that some were marked down to $389 from $650. This didn't make any sense since some were the same shoe, just a different size.

I eyed a pair of shells that just happened to be in my size. They were marked down to $389. My salesman, Willy, was very helpful. During the fitting he realized that they were mis-marked but said they would honor the price on the shoe. So I grabbed my first pair of shell cordovans for under $400. Kudos to Nordstrom and Willy for the sterling service.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys are really pushing the limits of my technological know how! I shall do my best.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Wow, I was in there saturday. Too lazy to go men's shoes:( I wonder if the $599 (sale price) shoes were marked $389?
I just called and the SA said they were still $599:(

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Curious . . .

. . . whether those black (rubber?) heel inserts can be replaced without disturbing the rest of the heel. I'm always running down my heels. Those have interesting brass (?) nails in the heels, but apparently only on the outer edge. Wonder why? They would probably complicate heel replacement, so maybe that's the reason for the inserts.

Very handsome shoes, however.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
:icon_smile:Congrats on the sale!
Those are outstanding shoes.
I love how thick the soles are.
And that shell..........forget about it!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Great looking bluchers! I think shell works particularly well with a shoe like this. Well done.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great find and hope you get lots of wear and enjoyment. BTW, did they have any loafers or just bluchers, any PTB?
They only had two pair of shells, both were the same but just one in my size. No loafers and no plain toe. They did have several other's from the FAM line at a rather substantial discount (<$400). You might be able to call and have a pair shipped. Ask for Willy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.