Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Site Creator
11,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received these John Lobb Cheltenham shoes, one of the Prestige line Loafers in Burnt Orange Calf from Bespoke England. With the elegant shoe trees as shown! Look out Prince Charles! :icon_smile_big:

Bespoke England have years of experience in handling English Footwear including London & Northampton's finest Bootmakers such as John Lobb, Edward Green, Crockett & Jones and more recently, Gaziano Girling.
They also have experience in English Antiques including Leatherwear, Vintage luggage, Jewelery and Bridle wear. And check out their extensive line of accessories including shoe brushes, shoe trees, shoe horns, etc.

Telephone: +44(0)7501 000 567
Email: [email protected]
https://www.bespoke-england.co.uk/

BUT NOW I have a question for you gentlemen and ladies.

The color is accurately depicted above (I don't have a belt that color!! :icon_smile: ) but what colors of trousers and which events would these be appropriate?

· Registered
816 Posts
Wow! - Very nice looking shoes. I love the style, but I'm not sure I could handle that color. But that is just my taste. Is their a name for that actual color?
Hmm, I'm thinking they might look good with tan or khaki pants? I would need to see it before I endorse it.

· Site Creator
11,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow! - Very nice looking shoes. I love the style, but I'm not sure I could handle that color. But that is just my taste. Is their a name for that actual color?
Hmm, I'm thinking they might look good with tan or khaki pants? I would need to see it before I endorse it.
Burnt Orange

Not burnt siena! My real problem as indicated above is to find a matching belt!

· Registered
1,520 Posts
John Lobbs ! you're not going to walk on the GROUND with them are you?

Bespoke as they are perhaps they can make a belt for you even if you had to supply the buckle (?) Since you will likely never exactly match the color you might want to see if they are game, I know Alden does make belts with finishes matched to their shoes.

· Registered
1,035 Posts
Was there a reason you chose that color, as opposed to the same model in a more subdued, traditional or common color? The difficulty in coordinating might have been predictable.

I find the overall form and proportions wonderful. The color, given a few years, will probably settle into something wonderful too.

· Registered
168 Posts
Andy, beautiful loafers and congratulations.

Personally, I like the color a lot. I tend to go for more subtle or traditional shades but in this case, it's a very high-end pair of shoes so an interesting color such as burnt sierra can make them the featured element of your ensemble.

As for what color trousers, I doubt there are any pairings I could suggest that would be any better than one your eye could piece together. That said, what about a blue-charcoal? I own a pair of Brioni trousers in that color that seems like it could fly.

· Registered
1,441 Posts
Those are nice, I love the color.

I'd be inclined not to worry about the primary shoe color but rather go darker in some shade that complimented the sole. Might be a brown that's darker and less red that you see in a lot of shoes.

-spence

· Registered
331 Posts

The color is accurately depicted above (I don't have a belt that color!! :icon_smile: ) but what colors of trousers and which events would these be appropriate?
First of all, thank you for activating my account! :)

Owning a pair of JLs has long been a dream of mine, so I am both envious of and happy for you. I really like the color, too. It's sort of a brick coloring, which I think would work well with various shades of grey, or brown, or even lighter navy trousers if you're feeling adventurous.

As for the belt, well, perfect matches are overrated. Something in a light brown that's even remotely close to the color of the shoes would suffice.

· Registered
127 Posts
Those shoes look great!

Congratulations on your first pair of Lobbs. I'd imagine they'd look great with greys and browns as others have said. Don't quote me on that, though. My footwear tastes are a bit more... plebian :icon_smile:

· Registered
251 Posts
I just received these John Lobb Cheltenham shoes, one of the Prestige line Loafers in Burnt Orange Calf from Bespoke England. With the elegant shoe trees as shown! Look out Prince Charles! :icon_smile_big:

Bespoke England have years of experience in handling English Footwear including London & Northampton's finest Bootmakers such as John Lobb, Edward Green, Crockett & Jones and more recently, Gaziano Girling.
They also have experience in English Antiques including Leatherwear, Vintage luggage, Jewelery and Bridle wear. And check out their extensive line of accessories including shoe brushes, shoe trees, shoe horns, etc.

Telephone: +44(0)7501 000 567
Email: [email protected]
https://www.bespoke-england.co.uk/

Andy,

I checked the website and it does not sell JL's? Am I missing something?

Thanks,

· Registered
8,536 Posts
Those are beautiful shoes. I think that colour shoe needs to be worn with light-coloured trousers such as light grey, beige, cream, light blue, and any other summer colours that you may or may not care to wear. You could also try them with seersucker. The orange says to me that it's a shoe for summer. Though I'm not a fan of surcingle and ribbon belts, I've seen many that would fit well with those shoes.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.