Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,I just got back from my (ex) drycleaner and the right peak of my dj lapel has been ripped off:eek:!!Is it possible to repair it?Is it possible to change the braid on the trousers and the fabric around the pocket and buttons as well,because I sincerely doubt any new fabric will match the existing fabric.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Hang on a second. We'll need lots more information. Is the facing gone or just flapping in the breeze? Is everything still there? Is the fabric ripped or just pulled loose? What does the cleaner have to say about it--most of them have insurance to cover damage and resources to have things fixed. It may be like an auto accident, where you get the depreciated value, but the cleaner obviously has a responsibility to make you whole again--but not to the tune of the 5 million that DC judge was asking for for the "lost" suit.
Maybe you could post a picture so we can give you a vote.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
if it is just the silk facing pulled loose and not damaged, its an easy fix. if the facing is damaged then both facings must be replaced. you will want the facings to match for shade. and yes the trouser stripe can be changed also. dont ask the cost as i never have had to do a replacement.

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hang on a second. We'll need lots more information. Is the facing gone or just flapping in the breeze? Is everything still there? Is the fabric ripped or just pulled loose? What does the cleaner have to say about it--most of them have insurance to cover damage and resources to have things fixed. It may be like an auto accident, where you get the depreciated value, but the cleaner obviously has a responsibility to make you whole again--but not to the tune of the 5 million that DC judge was asking for for the "lost" suit.
Maybe you could post a picture so we can give you a vote.
Let me put it like this,what was once a peak lapel,is now more like a notch.And as I have come to find out,it was not the cleaner,but my cousin who picked it up for me.He came clean after the cleaner adamantly denied his involvement.I have asked him how it happened,and he has no clue (or so he say's).Anyway,I thought about it,and it is no tremendous loss,I have another dj (a notch) that will do until I get a replacement for my peak.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Let me put it like this,what was once a peak lapel,is now more like a notch.And as I have come to find out,it was not the cleaner,but my cousin who picked it up for me.He came clean after the cleaner adamantly denied his involvement.I have asked him how it happened,and he has no clue (or so he say's).Anyway,I thought about it,and it is no tremendous loss,I have another dj (a notch) that will do until I get a replacement for my peak.
This does conform what I said - if it is for real that the cleaner was at fault....

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
If there's serious damage put in a claim.

I had a scare with my local dry cleaner a few weeks ago - an RLPL cream suit came back with dark round marks all over it. I spoke to the ladies at the cleaner and they said they had an insurance policy that covered the retail cost of the item and if they couldn't fix it, they would file a claim on my behalf. In event of dispute over cost, they said the insurer just contacts the manufacturer for the replacement retail value. Now, I never tested this out, since they were able to fix it (the marks came from the previous items - apparently they alternate dark and light items in the machine, and some of the dark dye from the previous load bled through from the holes in the drum and left the marks. They completely vanished on a reclean). But they were very reasonable & sympathetic and their claims about the insurance scheme sounded on the level.

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update:I found a new dinner suit (one button peak) on sale,so I went ahead and got it.I let my cousin off the hook this time,but he will NEVER pick up my dry cleaning again,or any article of clothing of mine for that matter again.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.