Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Very nice!

But given that they are high waisted trousers ergo meant to be worn with braces I am wondering why you wanted belt loops as well? :confused:

Also, I think the front brace button placements are a little too towards the sides (by around 2"). The first buttons should be straight above the first pleats/trouser creases. This is especially so given that it is high waisted and the front brace buttons should be closer to the centre.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Very nice!

But given that they are high waisted trousers ergo meant to be worn with braces I am wondering why you wanted belt loops as well?

Also, I think the front brace button placements are a little too towards the sides (by around 2"). The first buttons should be straight above the first pleats/trouser creases. This is especially so given that it is high waisted and the front brace buttons should be closer to the centre.
What he said, but otherwise.. fantastic!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Really nice good cut. It's not a style I go for but I appreciate it and it looks very good on you. Cloth looks great........bit of a faux pass wearing suspenders with belt loops though. Get them taken off and replaced with side fasteners or a self support and you get 10 out of 10 :icon_smile_big:

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
These are great looking trousers!

I have some stylistic preferences that are different, but given your physique, I think these suit you perfectly. They are not too high waisted.

I like double forward pleats, a little fuller cut, and more taper to the leg. But you're slender and have got plenty of leg, so that wouldn't necessarily be any more flattering for you.

Yes, pretty much perfect! You have a fine tailor, sir!

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I think they look wonderful, but I do join the chorus against the belt loops. They fit perfectly and you're wearing braces, why would you ever want to wear a belt?

I also must join the chorus who wonders if the pictures are in correct proportion and you're really that tall and thin...

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you for the useful comments, everyone.
Yes, the waist is actually way higher than my navel. So the belt loops don't work. I'll get them taken off. I'll also try what a tailor suggested.

This is a close-up pic of the cloth.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Gimme a break!

As far as I am concerned, the break is fine on those great-looking trousers. I also don't have a problem with the belt loops, if you wanted them. Looks like very nice material.

I was just wondering what you intended to wear with them?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.