Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, what a great forum this is! I found it a couple of weeks ago, and I am already addicted.

Now to my question: The other day I read a post (think it was by a member called "Super 80", working at Gieves) saying that MTM suits is basically no value for money, and that you are better off buying OTR (I do not remember his exact arguments). What do you guys think about this?

Living in Sweden my options for getting a good suit are limited. Brands represented are few (Brioni, Belvest, Zegna, Canali, Corneliani, Dressler), and the shops carrying them even less. Furthermore, the shops that do carry these suits are not, IMO, that good when it comes to taking measurements. I have bought a few Belvest and Zegna in the one store I trust most (I am quite happy with the Belvests, but the Zegnas are not for me I have found out).

Now, this is not so much a question as it is an expression of frustration - I cannot get a bespoke service here that I would trust, and hardly even a MTM. I travel a lot in my job (mainly Asia-Pacific), but I do not stay long enough at each place to have a bespoke or MTM made.

Same problem for shirts. I cannot tell you all how much I envy you guys living in the NY area being so close to Kabbaz. Kabbaz - no chance you do a measurement trip to Stockholm?

Just my thoughts.

/Gustaf

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.