Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone, particularly, ahem, the older gentlemen on the forum remembers this store? Apparently it was a rather high-end clothier in the '50's, '60's, and '70's, located in midtown manhattan. My father worked there once upon a time and rants on and on about the high quality of the clothes they sold ages ago. I thought it was another of his embellished tales until last christmas. I took him into the 346 Brooks and he and the older salesman helping me with the suits were just going on and on about these old stores they used to work in. And this salesman remembered and testified to the quality of this Mr. Grey Ltd. Apparently they also worked at Paul Stuart at the same time. Apparently, my dad worked in the custom shirt department afterschool. His high school was located on 42nd and 2nd or 3rd, right across from where the Automat used to be.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knew anything regarding the history of this store, and perhaps why it is no longer there. Any info and insight would be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.