Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I've never heard of the brand but LP storm system fabric is excellent. I have three coats made of it and they function incredibly on cold and windy days.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I received this jacket a week ago and just picked it having had the sleeves shortened a bit.

Much lighter than I thought it would be,quilted lining, very warm and comfortable, I bought a 46 which is right in the shoulder and very roomy through the rest and I am 6` 230lbs

fabric is a smooth herringbone with a slightly yellowish hue..I think, not really sure could just be me..LOL

Stack all the discounts sure to be floating around and for under $400 I think it is well bought, hope this helps.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just received this one:

(~$350 with many discount codes) I also was surprised how light it was. I like it overall--the zip in vest looks kind of funky sticking up out of the jacket, so I don't think I'll be using it very much.

Also of interest was that the zip-in vest is identical (in construction and the unique way it zips in) to those used the Brooks Brothers Loro Piana coats (e.g., "Traveler" jacket), so not sure if both BB and Movimento are just rebranding items from the same Italian factory.

In any case, I was looking for one nice wool overcoat, but for the price, I think I"ll be keeping this one (more of a Spring/Fall weight) in addition to a heavier BB Loro Piana...

Jon

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just received this one:

(~$350 with many discount codes) I also was surprised how light it was. I like it overall--the zip in vest looks kind of funky sticking up out of the jacket, so I don't think I'll be using it very much.

Also of interest was that the zip-in vest is identical (in construction and the unique way it zips in) to those used the Brooks Brothers Loro Piana coats (e.g., "Traveler" jacket), so not sure if both BB and Movimento are just rebranding items from the same Italian factory.

In any case, I was looking for one nice wool overcoat, but for the price, I think I"ll be keeping this one (more of a Spring/Fall weight) in addition to a heavier BB Loro Piana...

Jon
I just received the same coat. Nice material and it looks like it will be a good rainy weather piece.

Looks like you got a great price. I paid about $440 after calling in and talking to the customer service rep. She said she gave me a good price with all possible discounts since they screwed up on a previous order, but it looks like you did even better. Do you mind if I ask what discounts you use? Thanks and enjoy the coat!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Do you mind if I ask what discounts you use? Thanks and enjoy the coat!
I looked on the sites that aggegate these things (e.g., https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/243140/?start=3580) and found a 30% off discount that worked on top of the TWO 20% discounts that STP was offering (one on bargain items, the other for any order over $100.). Then I went to another site: https://www.freeshipping.org/blog/sierra-trading-post-riddle-for-free-shipping/#riddle that tells you the answer to a riddle that you type in to "comments" in order to get free shipping (not sure yet if that went through.)

I got carried away and ordered some Barbour pieces as well..

And... just got a cashmere pea coat from Saks Fifth Avenue for 70% off (so around $450)

I need to decide on a two or three pieces out of these. I've heard that Cashmere quality can vary quite a bit--would appreciate it if someone could tell me how Saks stacks up?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.