Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mid grey flannel has a little texture and subtle variation. The charcoals are more uniform.

I am thinking of wearing with navy odd jacket, and tweed jackets and brown shoes. Both are Polo flat fronts.

Or perhaps I need both!?

· Registered
1,051 Posts
The mid grey flannel has a little texture and subtle variation. The charcoals are more uniform.

I am thinking of wearing with navy odd jacket, and tweed jackets and brown shoes. Both are Polo flat fronts.

Or perhaps I need both!?
Having both would be a good thing! If limited, mid-grey is the hands-down winner. Charcoal can look funny with navy, having that just-missed look. I got my mid-greys from BB's winter sale and have been very pleased. Bill

· Registered
4,773 Posts
I am very partial to shades of grey -- dove grey is my favorite but I endorse what the pistolero has said.

· Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I already have a light grey, in fact pretty light. I agree that it goes best with navy and black jackets. It always reminds me of those well dreesed villians in the Avengers!

I went for the charcoal but will probably also go for the mid grey in sale. The charcoal goes better with midtone tweeds which I had not realised until I actually tried both. There was some mention that charcoal and navy is very English but I prefer light grey with navy.

Anyway, now that I have some brown cordovans perhaps you guys could make me an Honorary American? ( I'm not asking for the green card you understand)

· Registered
159 Posts
I have to go with the consensus here - for flannel mid grey is great.

Last winter I stared at a flannel mid gray in the window at Paul Stuart every morning on my way to work. Still kicking myself for not just walking in and buying the damned thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.