Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
God and Science has some articles on ID and then asks you to submit your design for a world. The site author then comments on some of them and posts them. Here's my submission for your perusal and comments Since many of you seem to be very opinionated about this kind of thing, I figured I would get some interesting feedback.

Thanks,
Andy

I would create a world somewhat similar to our own. It's mostly OK. However, there would be no carnivores. All animals and people would just eat fruits and vegetables. Also, I wouldn't make penguins have to walk 200km on 3 inch legs, that's just sadistic.

I would more evenly distribute natural resources over the whole earth, so no matter where you lived, you'd have access to oil, coal, diamonds, gold, farmland, etc... and create a more stable weather system and less natural disasters.

Of course as a deity, I would be more powerful than humans. I would have the ability to move in and out of dimensions and be able to spy on them without their knowledge. I one tried to hurt me, I'd just poof to an alternate dimension and poof out somewhere else. I'd prefer that people not make a big deal about "what's My will" and doing stuff in My name. And besides, as you will see below, everyone else would know they're lying anyway.

Humans would have free will and would also be be telepathic. But, the telepathy would not work when you are angry, lying or have evil intentions. So, good people would be able to know who is up to no good, but bad people wouldn't be able to read the minds of good people. Also, to be cut off telepathically would be very depressing and isolating. This would make being evil or angry very unpleasant, but not impossible if you really wanted to. However, committing evil deeds would be pretty difficult, because once you though about it, everyone else would know and would lock you up.

The human reproduction cycle would be turned down to only being fertile annually, but in order to procreate, a total telepathic bonding would have to take place so that each partner knew the other was serious and would love and care for the child.

If I spoke to somebody about what I wanted, of course everyone would know if they were telling the truth, but if the message was meant for a group, I would tell entire group, not just one person. The current method of revealing stuff to only a "chosen prophet" has too much room for abuse.

But actually, too much exercising of my desires is against free will anyway. If for example I wanted the Yankees to win the World Series, that takes away from the Astro's free will to try and win the Series. So I would mostly butt out and let people run things themselves.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Ok, a couple of comments...

I would think there has to be some limitation on how many telepathic messages I'm being bombarded with. Is this telepathic messaging just between people who are thinking about each other, or do I get all the thoughts a person(s) within a certain radius of me is thinking (and vice versa)?

In either case, if somebody thinks about me and I get that message, I will invariably think about them, sending them a message, at the very least wondering why they are thinking about me, resulting in more messages, etc, etc. In a large crowd won't all of our brains explode?

If I'm giving a speech, does the lady in the front row get a message from me if I accidentally notice that I can see up her skirt? Can she telepathically tell me her room number? Again, do I get constant messages from all of the members of the audience during my talk? If the husband of the woman in the skirt is sitting in the back of the conference room and is planning to shoot me, do I get that message and can I pinpoint who/where he is?

Should I disregard this threat because "everybody" will also get that message and will en masse effect a citizen's arrest? That notwithstanding, I think I have more than a few problems with the 'thought police' concept.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I would give the earth back to the native plants and animals that could preserve a balance to nature. The humans could go back to mars or where ever we were designed before we came here as refugees.
This planet works best when we are not involved.
Intelligent design may have two sources one for us and another for everything else.
As an alternate, being CS means it can all be corrected if we start thinking the right way about everything. We don't need to design a new earth since this one is just fine...but a little rough around the edges.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It's really a bummer, though, when they bend over and eat you, as definitively demonstrated by this fossilized footprint of the last step taken by a descendant of Adam:

Lucky for us, the dinosaurs were all wiped out in the Flood.

:icon_smile_big:
That photo may be more hilarious than all the ghost and UFO pictures I've ever seen :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.