Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, sorry for spamming the forum, but I've dug up some more items that I'm curious as to whether they are worth keeping.

I found probably 10 Brooks Brothers shirts hanging in the same old closet in which I found the Harris Tweed I recently posted about; these too must have been my father's at one time. They all say "All cotton, made in the USA" with the word "Makers" appended to "Brooks Brothers". The shirts are quite comfortable, and the sleeves are all a perfect length for me (35). However, all but two of the shirts have collars that are too small - I am a 16 1/2, as are two of the shirts - the rest are 15 1/2. Would it be acceptable to wear the 15 1/2 collar shirts in a casual setting in which I do not plan on buttoning my collar (i.e., not wearing a tie?). The shirts themselves are really very comfortable and way nicer than the crappy Stafford shirts I currently own. The two that fit me in the collar are white, while the others are in a variety of collars, including blue, peach, and striped. All shirts appear to be in great shape, no tears, stains or wear spots thus far.

Only complaint I have with the shirts is that they do not tuck in as far as the shirts I'm used to, and I wonder if they could come untucked easily if I stopped paying attention.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I'm sure they'll work fine, especially if they are button down oxford cloth.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
The 15 1/2 being in color or striped makes them even better for wearing without a tie. Today I wore khakis and a blue and white striped Oxford button down with the top button undone. You can wear them alone or in cooler weather with a sweater or jacket and look just fine.

Cheers, Jim.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 15 1/2 being in color or striped makes them even better for wearing without a tie. Today I wore khakis and a blue and white striped Oxford button down with the top button undone. You can wear them alone or in cooler weather with a sweater or jacket and look just fine.

Cheers, Jim.
Thanks Jim! I feel like a hit the jackpot here; if only there'd been some decent pants in the trove; I guess I'll have to be happy with shirts and the tweed jacket. Most of my pants are cheap khakis, or for darker color pants, cheap-ass Slates. I need to get into my BB outlet and see what they've got for decent pants, unless someone can suggest elsewhere for pants.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.