Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cousin who is travelling to London in a few weeks and she has offered me to do some shopping for me over there. One of the things I'm looking for is a pair of moleskin trousers. I'm thinking about a stor similar to Pakeman. Any Ideas where I can direct her for that?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Got mine for about £50/55 in the sales, down from £80. 2.5 years on, still looks good although I do not wear the moleskin often so not the best example.

However, a lot better then my previous pair of moleskin trousers. My Hackett moleskin trousers are a better cloth, still soft after a number of washes, well made and seems they would last a lot then my previous pair of moleskins did (it terms of number of times worn and number of washes).

Cordings should not disappoint either.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hackett - Regent Street, Jermyn Street, Sloane Street, Covent Garden, Holborn, Westfield shopping centre and a few other stores.

https://www.hackett.com/index.cfm?page=1224

I purchased a pair in late 2006, along with a pair of cords.
how is the cut of Hackett cords? from the looks of their website, they look to be a slimmer cut with a lower rise and tapered legs, but I kind of doubt it given that Hackett is a tradionalist producer

anyone have experience with them?

I've been wanting a pair of rust cords and they seem to be the only ones making a really geat rust color this year

any help could be appreciated

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
how is the cut of Hackett cords? from the looks of their website, they look to be a slimmer cut with a lower rise and tapered legs, but I kind of doubt it given that Hackett is a tradionalist producer

anyone have experience with them?

I've been wanting a pair of rust cords and they seem to be the only ones making a really geat rust color this year

any help could be appreciated
My cords and moleskins are the same cut.

1. They are cut a bit tighter but not really slim-fit. The 32R's were enough for my 24" thighs and enough room when sitting down, normal slim fit jeans do not fit me.

2. They are low rise, but I wear trousers at the hips

3. They are tapered.

From the pictures you uploaded and from what I have seen on the Hackett website, they are different from mine. The pair you have shown replicates a normal wool trouser with unfinished hem, the material inside to make it thicker and flap on the waist to be buttoned.

Mine are like jeans: no crease, buttoned not zipped, no flap on the waist, no extra material inside and back pockets are not buttoned.

Have you looked at Aquascutum, they use Wensum as well and both use a similar spec with their clothing too.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hello,
Another good place to go for cords or moleskins is Roderick Charles. They carry a much greater range of colours than is shown on the website including some I have never seen elsewhere. They have about 25 different colours in their cords range. Unfortunately they have a policy of shipping all the stock of one item to one particular store. For cords and moleskins it's definitely the Jermyn Street branch that you want to visit. They are made in England (or so they tell me anyway) and are £59 a pair.

www.roderickcharles.com

For cords I'd also recommend New and Lingwood and William Evans as well as Pakeman as mentioned above.

Chris.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have 2 pair of moleskin jeans from FM Allen that I wear every other day. Great winter and fall pants.

I also have a 20 year old pair of aquascutum moleskin trousers that should be in the Garment Hall of Fame.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My cords and moleskins are the same cut.

1. They are cut a bit tighter but not really slim-fit. The 32R's were enough for my 24" thighs and enough room when sitting down, normal slim fit jeans do not fit me.

2. They are low rise, but I wear trousers at the hips

3. They are tapered.

From the pictures you uploaded and from what I have seen on the Hackett website, they are different from mine. The pair you have shown replicates a normal wool trouser with unfinished hem, the material inside to make it thicker and flap on the waist to be buttoned.

Mine are like jeans: no crease, buttoned not zipped, no flap on the waist, no extra material inside and back pockets are not buttoned.

Have you looked at Aquascutum, they use Wensum as well and both use a similar spec with their clothing too.
Thanks for that. If you happen to be dropping into Hackett any time soon and happen to notice the cords, could you see if they are in fact tapered with a lower rise (11" or less)? I woulds imagine that they don't change the typical proportions of their pants that much so I'm hoping that thye are similar to yours

if you happen to find out, please PM me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.