Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
IMO, its use would depend on:

1) Cost of shoe - I'd definitely consider a plastic toe blakey for any shoe above $200
2) Walking gait - some guys push off their toe moreso than others, thus leading to more wear on the toe

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'm not sure if your question is about metal guards only or heel/toe guards in general.
I buy the rubber, nylon type in bulk from my cobbler
and put them on all of my dress shoes, heels and toes.
I'd rather use these than have my heels and toes wear down.

I've never used metal guards and probably won't. I wouldn't want to sound like a tap dancer with every step or possibly slip on a smooth surface.

I can't tell you how to better market your work or product.
Just inform your customers of the benefits.
Of course, if you install them you won't be seeing their shoes for heel replacements soon.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm not sure if your question is about metal guards only or heel/toe guards in general.
I buy the rubber, nylon type in bulk from my cobbler
and put them on all of my dress shoes, heels and toes.
I'd rather use these than have my heels and toes wear down.

I've never used metal guards and probably won't. I wouldn't want to sound like a tap dancer with every step or possibly slip on a smooth surface.

I can't tell you how to better market your work or product.
Just inform your customers of the benefits.
Of course, if you install them you won't be seeing their shoes for heel replacements soon.
The same for me as my cobbler charges $12.00 per pair of shoes (heel and toe). I purchased them in bulk about 10 years ago from a supply house and still have quite a few left. The supply house closed and I'm having trouble finding another.

I'm in Philadelphia if anyone knows of another supply house close by. londoncentral2 you are in the UK. Would shipping make it too expensive?

No metal for me as I have wood floors and they would be destroyed using metal and as you said tapping and slipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.