Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my friends.

I admit it. I made a big mistake which you gentlemen warned me about but I did not listen. I purchased a shirt from the Mens Warehouse.

I am quite unhappy with the quality. It wrinkles quickly after ironing, the sleeves have ridden up, and many threads have come loose. This is after three washings.

The CEO has been on television saying, "You're going to love the way you look. I guarantee it." I do not love the way I look.

What is the proper response? Do I grin and bear it, and simply stop shopping there? Should I call customer service and report my problems? Do I ask for some recompense?

What would you gentlemen suggest at this juncture? Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anodyne:
Call customer service located on the business card or on the website to get satisfaction of your purchase. I'm sure you'll be quite impressed with the courtesy you will experience.
Thanks,
DH[8D]

DH

·
Registered
390 Posts
quote:Originally posted by David H

Anodyne:
Call customer service located on the business card or on the website to get satisfaction of your purchase. I'm sure you'll be quite impressed with the courtesy you will experience.
Thanks,
DH[8D]

DH
You are not affiliated with MW are you? ;)

Honesty pays, but it doesn't seem to pay enough to suit some people. - F. M. Hubbard

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
If you really do decide to complain, I'd suggest writing a letter. This, in my experience, produces the best results. E-mails are disregarded, and telephone representatives spend half their time enduring harangues.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Call the store where you bought it and ask them if you can trade up...that you are not happy with the quality. Of course if they have a better one it may have the same problems....

·
Registered
227 Posts
About six months ago before I discovered this forum I decided to rebuild my wardrobe. After being an IT employee for 15 years wearing the standard uniform of polo shirt and khaki pants, I am now an IT business owner and have a little more money and also want to look more like "the boss". I spent about $2000 at the Men's wearhouse on about 10 shirts, 7 pairs of pants, 10 ties some socks and a pair of shoes. Two of the shirts had minor defects in them, one I noticed before I washed and one caused by the washer. They took the shirts back no questions asked.

Having been to this forum, I have since stopped shopping there and my purchases now tend toward Canali, Zegna, Zanella, BB, etc. I no longer wear the pants I purchased at MW, however I do still like many of the shirts I bought from there and wear them regularly. The pants are permanently put away, and the ties I got from there see light duty when nothing else seems to work.

I think if you took the shirt back they would at least give you store credit. I haven't had the quality issues you describe (other than the two I describe, the others have all held up very well) and have gotten complements on my no-iron white shirt I got from there.

BoX

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Couldn't you simply take it back to the store you bought it from and ask for a refund? Even if you don't have the receipt they should be able to take care of you.

Brian

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
quote:Originally posted by BoX

Having been to this forum, I have since stopped shopping there and my purchases now tend toward Canali, Zegna, Zanella, BB, etc. I no longer wear the pants I purchased at MW, however I do still like many of the shirts I bought from there and wear them regularly. The pants are permanently put away, and the ties I got from there see light duty when nothing else seems to work.
What was wrong with the trousers? Poor fit? I'd have guessed they'd be some of the more acceptable items at MW.

·
Registered
460 Posts
THANK YOU!!!!

i feel like my whole life's work has just been made worth it.

cheap suits aren't the answer! down with the evil Mens Wearhouse empire! fight the power!

--a public service message, brought to you by Oxxford Clothes, Brioni, Kiton, and Borrelli

·
Registered
227 Posts
quote:Originally posted by DocHolliday

Originally posted by BoX

What was wrong with the trousers? Poor fit? I'd have guessed they'd be some of the more acceptable items at MW.
The fit was fine. I think its the quailty of the fabric and the triple pleats I don't like. I own Zanella and Canali pants now and its hard to go back to the MW pants. Granted that the MW pants are much cheaper than the others, however I find Zanella's and Canali's at Nordstrom Rack, etc. for about the same price.

I think the MW shirts are the best value.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.