Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I would have renewed

but when I subscribed I thought it was going to be a magazine about clothing, with maybe a little lifestyle and grooming thrown into the mix. Imagine my disapointment when it turned out to be primarily a magazine devoted to politics.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Why would anyone applaud the demise of any men's magazine? There aren't that many of them out there and this one was a least professional and had some interesting articles here and there.
There are plenty of men's magazines out there -- the problem with MV is that it was a great magazine if you wanted to read hagiographic profiles of celebrities, not so great if you wanted to read about style.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Unfortunately, I not only just renewed, but I sent a gift subscription.

I really doubt that the gentleman to whom I gave this would appreciate getting a substitute magazine with articles about cellulite and how to achieve Vivienne Westwood looks with stuff from your attic.

·
Registered
144 Posts
There are plenty of men's magazines out there -- the problem with MV is that it was a great magazine if you wanted to read hagiographic profiles of celebrities, not so great if you wanted to read about style.
You must really know what you're talking about. You use the word "hagiographic." What are your style magazines, by the way, and are they available to the general population?

bimmerzimmer

·
Sartorial Sultan<br> Moderator, Trad Forum
8,748 Posts
It started with a fair amount of promise. But they quickly turned away from covering clothing and style to typical politician/celebrity profile stuff. But it's not a good sign that both Men's Vogue and Classic Style couldn't make it. The truth is, the men's clothing message boards have become a self-created substitute for the lack of quality print publications.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Face it, guys, those of us who care about style as opposed to fashion, about fine clothing as opposed to least-cost-construction bearing designer's logos don't tend to spend heavily (and foolishly) on ad-generating labels. So, in a way, we just might be responsible for both the decline and ultimate demise of this magazine. We're just not their required demographic.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Why am I not surprised? Men's fashion is only mentionable after everything under the sun about women's fashion is thoroughly discussed and attended to first. They steal all our ideas and act like it's the best thing since sliced bread. Doesn't bug me though; I'm happy living in my own little clothing world, as I'm sure many of you are.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.