Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen:

I have scoured this very entertaining and informative site for the below information, and have not found it. I apologize if this is a repetitive question.

My question is this: I was accustomed to buying medium long suits from Brooks Brothers, but don't seem to fit well into regular or long suits. Any options? Should I just hang it up and stop trying to buy off the rack?

As background, I am 5'11". I have always thought that the old Brooks medium long suits fit me well length wise. They, of course, stopped making those some time ago. Since then, I have bought some made to measure Southwick suits, and have apparently bought some long Brooks suits. The dusty and moth eaten medium long suits I do still have (and get away with wearing occasionally) measure 33" from collar to hem. The nice woman at Brooks the other day told me that a proper fitting suit should have approximately equidistant measurements from collar to hem and from floor to hem. True? Was she just trying to get me to buy the regular that looked to me too short? Further, the nice folks at J. Press in DC (over the phone) indicated that at 5'11", I would fit into a regular. Have I been wearing my suits too long for 16 years? Maybe.

Probably a dumb question, but thanks very much for any input you may have.

Williston

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.