Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys this is my first post. Im going to be a 3rd year medical student. Ive been the typical jeans and tee shirt/polo type now that im getting older 26 and becoming a professional im really interested in upgrading my wardrobe. I know wearing suits during 3rd year rotations are over the top but i figure i need 2 or 3 good suits for research presnetation, residency interviews etc. some nice trousers, shirts, ties, shoes etc.

My biggest problem is i played football in college, im 6' 245 (looking to cut down to like 220) have wide shoulders and big thighs wear a 48 L jacket. so im a tough fit in a lot of OTR stuff but really cant afford a whole wardrobe of MTM now.

Im looking to get suggestions on brands to look for. like for shoes i know i want to get a pair of AE park avenues etc. any help would be appreiciated thanks

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yeah, i plan on losing about 20 to get to about 225. I weighed 235 in my last season in school. I have searched on Cornelani, Canali, Canali seems to fit real nice even though im a bit overweight. Joseph Aboud fit well but how is the quality, didnt see anything about them here. Would everyone say BB for shirts. I usually wear Kenneth Cole shirts and i dont like the fabric. again they are very baggy because even at 225 my neck is about 17.5-18 and my sleeve is 35.

For the docs out there for rotations you would say just trousers, shirt and tie. how many pairs of pants and shirts would you say are good.

shoe suggestions because i want to look nice but i dont want my feet to kill while on the floor.

Also, where are the best places to get good deals on great suits/shirts, what is considered a good price for the kinds of suits ive mentioned. my friend just got 2 hickey freeman suits for like 450 a pop at an outlet store but he is a much easier fit then i am

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.