Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my lab coat from LE Overstock last (for $15 I'll find a good use for it) but when I took it out of the bag I noticed it buttoned up like a woman's shirt, huh? The bag is marked Men's and the size is 44, but the buttons are throwing me off. Are lab coats suppose to button up like a men's shirt? I can always take it back ;)

Brian

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
If it has brass buttons, it should technically be referred to as a lab blazer.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I got my lab coat from LE Overstock last (for $15 I'll find a good use for it) but when I took it out of the bag I noticed it buttoned up like a woman's shirt, huh? The bag is marked Men's and the size is 44, but the buttons are throwing me off. Are lab coats suppose to button up like a men's shirt? I can always take it back ;)

Brian
vw, I chuckled when you posted that you bought the LE lab coat AND the red vest, because those to items tempt me everytime I browse the overstocks section. I am not sure I would ever wear either one, but I have been awfully close to buying them. (If only that lab coat was shawl collar!)

Where I work some of the folks (male and female) wear lab coats just like these. I will try to see today if they happen to have consistent buttoning.

·
Banned
316 Posts
Traditionally, Ashkenazi Jewish men get married (and sometimes buried, and it is worn a few times per year in between) in a frock known as a Kittel. It is essentially a white lab coat that... buttons like women's clothing. Most ritual items button this way for Kabbalistic reasons. I bet Madonna could tell you all about it. The best ones are 100% cotton or 100% linen and some are highly decorated with embroidery and stuff, but no dye and no polyester. This way, when you're buried, it all biodegrades as quickly as possible. It also usually has a matching "belt" that gets tied around it. If you like it, just wear it and tell people you're doing it for Kabbalistic reasons (which I can explain to you) and everyone will think you're cool. Or give it to a Jew who's about to get married.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I had no idea LE sold lab coats!

All of my lab coats button the "normal" way, with buttons on the right, buttonholes on the left. I have some from several different manufacturers.

I think you've got a women's coat.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

Love the flapless patch pockets. Very Trad.

JB
All three pockets no less.

edit: I did call LE customer service, after I told them about the coat, they thought I might have been mislabeld by their vendor and are sending me a new one which they will check to make sure it buttons the right way. Then I'll wear my coat into Wal-mart and dispense (bad) medcial advice to anyone who asks. I kid, I kid!

Brian

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
All three pockets no less.

edit: I did call LE customer service, after I told them about the coat, they thought I might have been mislabeld by their vendor and are sending me a new one which they will check to make sure it buttons the right way. Then I'll wear my coat into Wal-mart and dispense (bad) medcial advice to anyone who asks. I kid, I kid!

Brian
.......or to pick up hot chicks, but I digress. I have no use for lab coats, the un-tradliest of garb. Only IMHO, but I have no regard for a doc wearing one unless my fluids are spraying around. Dress nattily, be personable, and don't scare anyone by wearing a big sheet. Bill:pic12337:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.