Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Site Creator
11,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this great linen golf jacket from Maus & Hoffman among some other things (their belts are fantastic!). I've shopped with them before and they always deliver high quaility and great style.

And Now we get a special discount!!

Special Offer for AskAndyAboutClothes Forum Members
Save an additional 10% off all prices. Click on the banner below (it's also on the Menswear Page - see the upper left of this page):

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Thanks for letting us know, Andy. I've been getting their catalog for years, and have meant to buy something, not because I have a need but just because they're such a fine traditional haberdasher. If the entire look isn't my style, individual items are, and as you've said, the quality is hard to find in today's market.

And BTW, I think that's a great looking jacket!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I have been buying from Maus and Hoffman for years ....

even before the internet. They are not a clone of any other store; they are a family owned business with stores on both coasts of Florida. I like their quality and the fact that they do have good sales, especially for a high-end store. Their location predicts that they primarily deal in sports wear, rather than business attire, but there are always some deal to be found in more dressier attire. The last time I bought ties, I picked up a half dozen Robert Talbott BOC for about $50.00 each. They list clearance items on their website, so keep checking. Any questions? Ask Tom Maus who is a member her (FLAOUTLET). They offer a variety of merchandise from Brioni to Edward Green. I don't work for them or have any business relationship other than being a satisfied customer.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
comrade;916498they look like a clone of Carroll & Co[/quote said:
At least based on their respective catalogs, I think their style is a little different. M&H appears to have more highly styled resort wear. And sadly, since Dick Carroll has left us, I must observe that I think the overall level of both style and quality is a notch or two higher from M&H.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Great News on a Great Store

Congrats: I admired that blouson jacket in their catalog last week. And that they now offer us a discount is even better. :icon_smile_big:

I have received great service from them generally and particularly their shoe manager/buyer (whose card I can't locate right now) and highly recommend the store as first rate with some very attractive, distinctive offerings.

A couple of years ago, they offered (and still may) a custom Testoni send up of Henri Bendel's Belgian shoe (Lui, I think --with the tiny bow). I ordered a pair and they were so comfortable and supportive that I decided to order another. Only problem was their catalog operation didn't show them anymore. They gave me the shoe buyer's name and number. I called him, he knew exactly what I was talking about, had a brown pair and then checked and offered me other colors available in my size. We had a nice chat about how much more comfortable and pracitcal these shoes were than the Bendel/Belgians. He followed up with a note and his card; first class.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I've shopped M&H by catalog for the past couple years and have been uniformly pleased with the quality of their merchandise so, IMHO, this is a great addition to AAAC's list of merchants. :icon_smile_big:

·
Site Creator
11,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got the jacket in post #1 back in April and in the last couple of months have started wearing (finally it's Summer!). It's a great jacket!! Beautiful fabric and exquisite details!!

I've worn it twice to the Hollywood Bowl already. May have to get a new one next Spring! :icon_smile_big:

And don't forget the Ask Andy Member Discount when you go through their banner on this site!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.