Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tie color khaki of course includes many shades and tones. I have cotton twill pants in three or four of them, especially if you include that pipe clay color that isn't really white. I have several jackets in blends of wool and silk or tweeds in all wool that have some version of khaki in them. It would be easy to for me to match the shade of the pants (more olive-y, more tanish, and so on) with my pants. But is this too pointe devise, too match-matchy? Or should I go out of my way to wear khakis that aren't identical to the shade in my jacket?

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
It is a mistake to match khaki on Khaki, unless you are dealing with components of a uniform. Khaki is casual, but matching khaki hued chinos with khaki hued jackets goes way beyond casual, indeed bordering on unhealthily compulsive(;)). Wear all those shades of khaki, but do yourself a favor when pairing a jacket and go for the contrast!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
It is a mistake to match khaki on Khaki, unless you are dealing with components of a uniform. Khaki is casual, but matching khaki hued chinos with khaki hued jackets goes way beyond casual, indeed bordering on unhealthily compulsive(;)). Wear all those shades of khaki, but do yourself a favor when pairing a jacket and go for the contrast!
It can work in some situations. I also had a dark brown winter jacket, but didn't take a photo.
Standing Black-and-white Style Gas Monochrome

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.