Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Try to find a khaki trench coat...

I attempted to do just that today, and apparently nobody sells them anymore. JC Penny. Sears. Macy's. No such luck.

Even better, was that most salespeople didn't have a clue as to what I was even talking about. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Good luck with this. I searched all over for a year, and settled on an eBay Burberry trench for $110. I did see some short ones at Nordstrom, but I wanted a grown-up model. I hit the Burberry store but wasn't prepared to plunk down $800 (after the 50% off sale). Maybe we're dinosaurs.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah winter stuff in now, I found a nice, basic Joseph Abboud khaki trench at Filene's Basement. Later I saw the same coat at Syms.
Trench coats are technically winter wear for out here... it doesn't get as cold as the east coast, and we don't get snow -- we get rain, and the season started today.

Thankfully, I was able to find an umbrella that isn't a collapsable one, but even that took more time than it should've.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Check your local thrift store. You can probably find a decent one in nearly-new condition for five bucks or so without looking too long or hard.

Finding the really nice buys, like a primo-condition vintage Burberry (which I've been looking for for eons) is a tad harder, though...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here are two khaki trench coats that are available from BrooksBrothers.com:

1. Herringbone Lined Trench Coat

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCa..._Id=1209365&Parent_Id=222&default_color=Khaki

2. Single-Breasted Cotton Trench Coat

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCa..._Id=1098115&Parent_Id=222&default_color=Khaki

BrooksBrothers.com is having a Preferred Customer Event (online only--no coupon code is needed), now through November 9, 2008: 25% savings when you use the Brooks Brothers Platinum MasterCard or The Brooks Card; or 15% savings when using other forms of payment.

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Finding the really nice buys, like a primo-condition vintage Burberry (which I've been looking for for eons) is a tad harder, though...
I found one last year--complete with lambchop collar closing, as well as all the other goodies!--at my local thrift. Apparently my invocations to the Thrift Gods of "Please please please please please let this be in my size" were said out loud, for I found many people staring at me after I'd tried it on... But the invocations worked, and I'm sure my local thrift-shopping population is full of people who talk outloud to non-existent beings on a more regular basis than I! :icon_smile_wink:

A very well-spent $20! :icon_smile_big:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.