Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a question best directed to Irish members of this forum, but any help is appreciated.
I know Magee are great for tweeds - I have one of their jackets that I love dearly. I also have a blazer from one of their cheaper lines that I like, but am not doolally about. I've recently seen a number of nice looking suits in their window. To me, they seem to be made to a pretty good standard, with a nice silhouette, and some nice fabrics. Does anyone here have any experience with them, or more informed views on how good they are?
As ever, thanks!

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That they were RTW I had divined - the racks full were a heads up (though they also do quite a bit MTM, I believe). From the price point I'd figured they weren't Brioni, but I was hoping that someone might have an idea about the value they offer, or construction, fit, comparable brands, and all the glorious minutiae for which this forum is unrivaled.

Don't let me down guys...

· Registered
861 Posts
There was a small gents outfitters in my local town that sold a good range of RTW Magee suits, blazers and sports jackets. They also offered Magee MTM.

I have one RTW Magee suit that I like very much. It is navy with a light grey muted pinstripe alternating with a 'shadow' stripe. A very traditional cloth I suppose. Also a very conservative English 2B SB cut. But I particularly like the cut and construction. With a few small alterations it fits very well indeed and feels incredibly comfortable. Magee certainly isn't in Brioni territory, as you say, but does represent excellent value at its price. I think my suit was about £395 a year ago.

In terms of comparable makes I suppose DAKS is one that springs to mind.

Regrettably the small outfitters shop has gone the way of most such shops and closed.....

· Registered
1,484 Posts
Magee tailoring is all outsourced to Africa and has a fused chest piece. They used to offer a "premium" line that was half-canvas/padded lapel made in Europe.
Magee fabrics are a different matter and are world class examples of linen and donegal tweed.

W_B

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gentlemen,
Thank for the information as always. It's more disappointing than surprising to hear that they're not made in Donegal. And that they're fused.:cry:

Andy: thanks for the tip. I was a good boy and searched first!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.