Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
Madras swim trunks? Sounds... see through.

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
Ah, I missed that bit. They look good, but I fear I'd have to be built like those beefcake models that wore them in the '50s.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
That is the old style, truly trad cut for swimsuits. They used to call those Commander shorts since I think they were based on a military swim suit. I had an old pair from Brooks in that cut, and another from The Sporting Life.

To answer your question, yes they are short. I now buy board shorts instead.

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
They are short, but it's a big improvement over those below-knee board shorts that were popular a decade ago. I don't see the point -- more fabric and more drag? Come on.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I was looking at those J. Crew ones but the inseam is too long for my taste and I'm not big on board shorts. I am dangerously close to buying a pair of the O'Connell's.

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
Those are too long? Really? A 7" inseam is pretty much perfect for me. I was more talking about those 13" board shorts that were popular for some time. I used to own a pair when I was a teenager. I was such a badass. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought the most recent catalogue (where I saw them) said they were a 9 inch inseam but maybe I just imagined that. All of my khaki shorts from J. Crew are a 7 inch inseam. I too think it's perfect but many people have actually asked me why my shorts are so short.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.