Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a reality check here.

I am not much of a JC Pennies shopper, but I do like their undershirts. While I was on their site, I decided to check out their sports coats.
I am very tempted by this :
https://m.jcpenney.com/p/stafford-c...CHEST=50&COLOR=Redwhiteblue Plaid&LENGTH=Long
Right now I can get it under $50.
I don't really need a madras sports coat, so this price is what makes it tempting.

Does anyone have any experience with Stafford? I know it's not Super high quality, but For $50 is it worth a shot? I am sure someone here has actually seen one.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Disclosure: I have no experience with the Stafford line.

The price of that jacket is tempting, but I’d ultimately decide against buying it. The product is described as having a polyester lining, which would defeat the purpose of the madras fabric. If you want a madras jacket, get an unlined—or partially lined—one.

On the other hand: less than 50 bucks.

If the jacket fits you really well, and you like the pattern, and you want something natty whose polyester lining will give you some comfort against a light breeze, then buy it. At that price? Go ahead. I would rather apply my $50.00 towards a true, unlined madras jacket (with a different pattern). But if it fits and you don’t mind a polyester fabric and you will actually wear the item, buying it shouldn’t be a big deal.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Stafford jackets are a pretty decent deal. I have a few in Harris Tweed from about five years back. I went into a JCP last year to see if I could get a Stafford blue blazer because, as you said, the prices are very cheap and I wanted another blazer to wear for work, travel, etc. The construction was OK but it was way too short for a 44R. So my advice is to order one if you're tempted, that way you can see how it fits and if you like it in person. JCP returns are very easy, so it's worth the shot.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I purchased their corduroy blazer for 40$ with leather like elbow patches. Excellent quality. I also own a Stafford Harris tweed which they no longer sell unfortunately

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just to close the loop on this, I did buy the jacket. I think the length is good, and for the price I have no complaints. I have it slated to wear on Mothers Day to the Willowdale Steeplechase. I am hoping the weather plays along.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.