Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,485 Posts
Are you looking at luxury items or are you a student? I say this because when I was a student I was really into the scene (still with me). I used to get a suit made every 2 weeks by a tailor in Leeds this was in the late 90's they charged me 150 pounds for make up and I bought the fabric myself from the market so a suit was like $400.00

These were not good suits.....but they did the job.

Now I am a tailor myself I couldn't make anything for those prices let alone turn a profit but I am certainly on the higher end.

Buying fabric yourself will often save you money with tailors. Find one you like by recomendation if you can.

Always a good indicator if you want to know if your tailor is any good look at what he is wearing!

· Registered
1,485 Posts
If you got a suit made every 2 weeks after two years you'd have 52 suits. At some point did you begin to correlate quality and quantity?
Oh yes. Right now I have 4, 3 piece suits all year round weight as well as two summer weight (2 piece) and two winter (3 Piece). I have kept this ratio going for about 5 years.

Back then though I rarely was seen out in the same outfit! I had pink suits purple, dark green, burgundy and all kinds of stupid stuff. Often they got trashed on nights out at indie clubs. (I really liked Suede and David Bowie).

Got my haircut every week as well!

I worked really hard and had two jobs while at uni like a proper Mod so I could pay for that kind of lifestyle. No trust fund thank you very much....hippies!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.