Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a few articles online and talked to some local store reps that mention the rise of tailored clothing in China. Supposedly Tallia will have a half canvas garment (padded lapel) that sells for $599 and Jhane Barnes has a full canvas suit retailing for $795. Both suits are chinese made. I know several board members have tried the Baroni suits and been impressed.

Anyone tried the Tallia or Jhane Barnes suits? Supposedly they are only in major city department stores at this time. They just strike me as something that could sell well in a rough economy. It seems like an easier sell then a $1495 full canvas Hickey Freeman or padded lapel Hart Schaffner Marx.

· Registered
87 Posts
I used to work for Latham Thomas. The product is pretty good for the money and the order system is pretty fancy. As a salesperson, I saw a fair amount of small things that slipped past quality control that I do not see on the Canadian and US made garments that I sell now. Nothing major that affected the deliverability of the garment, but to a more critical eye stuff like stitching not being even, pockets not being evenly spaced, fabric being too full over the chest while the canvasing was smaller,etc. It was also hard for to communicate special instructions for more difficult fits on my MTM clients since the tailors were in Shanghai and somethings just don't translate easily. When something went wrong, it was kind of hard to get it straightened out quickly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.