Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to catch a quick lunch at the Four Seasons Restaurant bar at 12:30 today. The restaurant is in the Seagram building on Park between 52nd and 53rd. I think it's a deal at prix fixe $25. Care to join me? I'll be in blue blazer, gray slacks, and blue striped tie. Love to chat with other trads - and network a bit.

P.S. Could someone please post this to New York group - tried to find, but couldn't.

·
Site Creator
13,181 Posts
RiceGradTrad:

Great idea. I'd really like to, but if I leave now from Los Angeles ... nope, not doing to make it. Have fun.

I'm actually going to be in NYC next month for a couple of days and would like to meet some of you for drinks. Stay tuned in the EVENTS Forum. It might be a good idea to post this there!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Thank you for the invitation. A lovely idea: there are many forum members I would enjoy meeting in person, even at the cost of shedding the cloak of semi-anonynimity which has quite amazingly loosened my tongue, on subjects I don't normally talk about. Engaged in a different city today, so must regretfully decline. I will be in Manhattan in August, 3d week, so I'll watch out for Andy's drinks idea on the Events forum.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Is the Four Seasons still owned by Ty Warner, the guy who created Beanie Babies?

[Edit] Nevermind, it's the Four Seasons Hotel in NYC that he owns, not the restaurant. My mistake.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Andy. Why not set up a lunch this winter in Palm Dessert at Wally's Desert Turtle or one of the other old school Palm Springs places. I'd shlep over from Bermuda Dunes for that.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I am planning to catch a quick lunch at the Four Seasons Restaurant bar at 12:30 today. The restaurant is in the Seagram building on Park between 52nd and 53rd. I think it's a deal at prix fixe $25. Care to join me? I'll be in blue blazer, gray slacks, and blue striped tie. Love to chat with other trads - and network a bit.

P.S. Could someone please post this to New York group - tried to find, but couldn't.
Would have loved to, but didn't check this until tonight. Hope to catch Andy in NYC for drinks next month

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I'll be in New York in mid-September.

I planned out the entire trip, and have been making reservations when possible (some, like Le Bernardin, make you wait until thirty days out).

My early recollections of the Four Seasons (at least the Pool Room and Grill Room, not the bar) were that the regulars were so regular, and so important and powerful, that the maitre d' would call their secretaries each morning to see if they were coming in, so they would know where to seat the ridiculously small number of people who were able to get reservations for lunch.

But when I sought the presumably byzantine rules for getting a reservation, I discovered that they were on OpenTable and that it was as easy to get a table there as at any ordinary restaurant.

So, what gives? Have they relaxed their standards, or will I be given a runaround if I don't arrive with Martha Stewart?

·
Site Creator
13,181 Posts
Andy. Why not set up a lunch this winter in Palm Dessert at Wally's Desert Turtle or one of the other old school Palm Springs places. I'd shlep over from Bermuda Dunes for that.
That's a great idea! I'll work on it. (Better places now than Wally's)

Would have loved to, but didn't check this until tonight. Hope to catch Andy in NYC for drinks next month
Great. Here's the thread about the Aug 18 visit. Where shall we meet?

https://askandyaboutclothes.com/community/showthread.php?106896-New-York-City!&p=1127519#post1127519

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.