Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know anything about louis vuitton mens suits? I recently saw a pretty credible place selling one of these new with tags. Do these even exist? I did a goggle search and not much pops up. If they do exist...what can anybody say about the quality and craftsmanship. I'm a bit skeptical and i think i would feel funny wearing a suit from a company who's expertise are in womens bags.

·
Registered
182 Posts
...hopefully you didn't see it on eBay? ;-) I've seen people pay $900+ for fakes there.

I once tried an LV suit on (for fun...perhaps even masochism) but neither liked the cut nor the cloth (too thick and winter-ish in texture) and it was merely OK overall. The ones I have seen have been made by Belvest.

If you've got this much to spend (and they are hideously, even offensively, expensive) I would suggest you either go bespoke or with one of the top-tier suit makers if you have a 'normal' physique (e.g. Attolini, Kiton, Brioni, etc). LV can and do charge a premium for their suits (even well above other designer suits like Giorgio Armani Classico, Gianni Versace Couture, Prada, Gucci) but i don't think they are in any way superior to those, nor say a Zegna top-line like Napoli Couture/15mil15 suit (also much cheaper).

Personally, I would feel ridiculous wearing an LV suit. Despite a close corporate relationship with them for 3 years (now passed) it is probably the brand i despise (a strong word i know, and I'm not usually prone to such strident vitriol and negativity) most!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I don't know whether I would like Louis Vuitton ,,,,,

menswear or not. But they have made men's accesories and fine luggage longer than the poster has been alive. Feeling uncomfortable about wearing a suit from a firm that makes women's accessories is a stupid reason. Worse than the guy who wanted to know if a scarve without fringe is manly. Where do you guys come up with these male-female prejudices? I thought Cruiser was bad with his prejudice against opera pumps. You never know what goes on in the human mind.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Louis Vuitton was kind of cool in the ladies-who-lunch St. John by Marie Gray kind of way, as was Gucci, but they have both recently gone fashion forward, as their core customer is the young Japanese female consumer.

What you see in stores in Europe and America is merely a side-show. There must be more of these chain stores in Tokyo than in the whole of the US.

For Tokyoites, Chadha's 'Fit in' stage virtually equates with brands like Louis Vuitton: he reports that as many as 94% of Tokyo women in their twenties own a Vuitton piece.
https://www.japaninc.com/mgz_july_2008_luxury_brands_in_japan

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Nope, I have a chanel tie (thrifted) that has a quite subdued, classic pattern. And it seems like a nice tie as well, tying a nice knot that stays put.
The Chanel ties I've seen exhibit the same thing that some other forum members have criticized about Hermes - either the buyer for the store prefers the ones with gaudy logos, or the subdued ones sell quickly and this is all that's left.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.