Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. First time posting in a long while and I apologize if it is not entirely on topic. I just purchased a pair of Louboutin sneakers and I was wondering if there exists protection for these types of shoes like there are for women’s heels? Link for reference to the shoes here :

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
36,798 Posts
To the OP, viewing the hyperlinked pair of sneakers in your post, I can't help but wonder as to the motivation for your radical disconnect from the sartorial sensibilities of the membership herein? What could lead to you to assume that any constructive replies would result from your opening post?

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
I was able to protect my pair by duct taping them inside a trash bag along with four bricks and dropping them into the ocean over the Marianas Trench.

37,000 feet deep? That's SAFE! ;)

(And the responses aren't pretentious; they're facetious. Here's the thing: time and place. You don't go to a street wear forum to ask how to tie a bow tie, and you don't come here to ask about... whatever those shoes are. You're just wasting your time!)

DH

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
(And the responses aren't pretentious; they're facetious. Here's the thing: time and place. You don't go to a street wear forum to ask how to tie a bow tie, and you don't come here to ask about... whatever those shoes are. You're just wasting your time!)
Exactly. Which leads one to conclude that the OP is either, a) trolling, or, b) the least self-aware person on earth.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Which bit were you looking to protect? The underside is just rubber so no protection needed here (just manage as you would any other sneaker such as a Converse All Star)

As for the uppers, I suppose you could try the nano protector spray as a water repellent but otherwise I'm not sure.

You may find more that the StyleForum Streetwear Section more suited to this kind of question: https://www.styleforum.net/forums/streetwear-and-denim.13/

HTH :)

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
36,798 Posts
To the OP, viewing the hyperlinked pair of sneakers in your post, I can't help but wonder as to the motivation for your radical disconnect from the sartorial sensibilities of the membership herein? What could lead to you to assume that any constructive replies would result from your opening post?
Thanks for everyone's "help". I was hoping for a less pretentious set of responses.
Your most recent post, omnipotent, strikes me as a pretty arrogant and unnecessarily contentious comment, considering that you haven't even attempted to answer the question(s) asked of you. If your primary purpose here is "looking for a fight" or to generate animosity, we do not need such in these parts!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.