Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
458 Posts
Loro Piana has a nice range of fabrics for suits and sports jackets, and they even make a nice line of cashmere sweaters.

As far as I know they dont make shirt fabrics.

But I may be wrong...

· Registered
1,520 Posts
I have a RTW Loro Piana shirt and I am surprised someone said they dont make their own shirting considering making fabric is really what they do. In any case the material its made out of is so exotic and heavy and rich I really dont have another shirt that compares to it. its sewn together like a tank and has those lovely 4mm MOP buttons but I didn't buy it in a store, it was an ebay treasure and I dont often see them come up in my size. The bottom line is that the one I have is a knockout, I dont know what the one you are looking at is like but I would never pay retail for this shirt at $400+, I can have 2 shirts custom made for that and I'll take custom fit and very good material over RTW and amazing material any day. If you are talking about having a shirt custom made and the material is pushing it up to $350 that sounds like a fairly big leap over what many custom shirts cost so I would ask what sea island cotton or 100s+ 2-ply is going for and if the premium for LP is around $100 over the next best I wouldn't bother, get two shirts instead.

· Registered
225 Posts
Is it worth the money? Do you buy your shirts custom from Loro Piana, or does another custom tailor make his/her shirts in LP cloth for you? What are the price ranges like?
I don't have any shirts, but I bought my first LP item at the Bergdorf after Christmas sale. It is a cashmere storm system coat Firenze model. It was $3500 marked down to $1500. At the price I got (they still sell it, back at price) it is the steal of the century. Even if I paid full price, I would feel I got my money's worth. If the shirts are even half as nice, you won't be disappointed. Their products are truly beautiful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.