Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
Expanding on Messr Christian's review just a bit, the USAF Strategic Air Command incorporated the cravat/ascot as part of it's combat crew uniforms...the background color reflecting unit of assignment and a combination of color and adornments (emblematic designs) reflecting the specific duties to which a crew was assigned. In the 351st Strategic Missile Wing, line crews the 508th SMS wore a basic red ascot, the 509th SMS a navy blue and the 510th a basic green ascot. Crews assigned to the Wing Training staff wore a bright yellow ascot emblazoned with navy hued farts and darts (a continuing series of lightening bolts and clouds) and crews performing Standboard Evaluations wore navy ascots emblazoned with a splattering of white stars. I like to think this was all done to impress the ladies! LOL. ;)

·
Moderator and Bon Vivant
28,001 Posts
Before the Army switched to camo BDU's the OD green fatigues allowed, at the base commander's discretion, an ascot that was worn for things like parades, morning formation and the like. Each Corps had its own color, Infantry blue, Artillery red, Cavalry yellow, MI teal and, in my case, MedCorps maroon. I sorely rued the day when those good looking accessories were dropped from the TO&E.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.