Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took possession of a Chester Barrie overcoat and noticed it had wool loops made from the outer material sewn inside the jacket at about chest height. For what might they be used? I can post pictures later if there is a lot of head scratching.

· Registered
526 Posts
I took possession of a Chester Barrie overcoat and noticed it had wool loops made from the outer material sewn inside the jacket at about chest height. For what might they be used? I can post pictures later if there is a lot of head scratching.
I can't say about the chest but at the top, bottom and sleeve the loops are for the removable lining. Some coats have buttons and liner loops others are reversed. It's as good a theory as any. Hope it helps.

· Registered
3,915 Posts
No idea.... but they sound useful. I'm sure we can come up with a few potential uses. In increasing order of implausibility...

- attachment for some sort of detachable liner
- hang umbrella, to free up an extra hand
- hang shotgun
- use as hook to hide brace of pheasant shot by aforementioned gun
- use as hook to hide bag of cash obtained from local bank with aforementioned gun
- use to hang self at end of hostage scenario prompted by above

Hope this helps!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.