Men's Clothing Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

· Registered
777 Posts
Not so much on the price but rather on the looks. I was quite pleased to see a shoe design that I liked at that price, but after reading some reviews, I found out it has quality issues that cannot be ignored.

I have AEs in Black and Brown (since they come in Wide and Extra Wide), but they are on the clunky side. If I can find a sleek looking shoe at no more than $400, then good.
Generally, clothing cut should match your build. I think shoes go along the same lines. A big dude wearing dainty shoes will look a bit off.

If you were 120lbs, I'd absolutely agree with seeking out what you are. At twice that? "Clunky" will look better and more proportional on you, quite frankly.

· Registered
1,947 Posts
Why has there not been a mention of blake-stitched shoes? They have no welt to protrude and thinner soles than Goodyear-welted shoes. They're not cheaply glued.
They are also not $80 dollar Giorgio Brutini mall shoes, which was the point of reference we were given from the start.

I would like to go to a beach that looks line one in Bali, but my budget only allows for New Jersey. Can anyone help?

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
They are also not $80 dollar Giorgio Brutini mall shoes, which was the point of reference we were given from the start.

I would like to go to a beach that looks line one in Bali, but my budget only allows for New Jersey. Can anyone help?
I already clarified that it was made as a reference for purposes of looks. The other posters have seemed to understood it, but you continue with your condescending and belligerent attitude.

I came to this forum to ask for help and advice, not to be insulted. Your last statement is absolutely unnecessary.

· Registered
981 Posts
To OP: if you are looking for a thin-welt or non-welted shoes, Blake stitched construction is the one you should be looking. Italian shoes comes to mind with Blake stitched shoes, but they may not be less expensive.

IIRC some of Sanders shoes come with Blake stitches, and they also comes in wide (G width in UK sizing) as well. That is a solid choice.

There is another decent source from France called Bexley shoes. It is not that expensive (120 Euro) with decent quality and Blake stitched. Just link one I think that might fit you.

https://www.bexley.com/Bexley/en/p/dress_shoes/stresa?coloris=noir

Personally I do not know how wide the shoe you need, so you need to look at the website or check with the source to determine whether they fit you.

Hope that helps.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
To OP: if you are looking for a thin-welt or non-welted shoes, Blake stitched construction is the one you should be looking. Italian shoes comes to mind with Blake stitched shoes, but they may not be less expensive.

IIRC some of Sanders shoes come with Blake stitches, and they also comes in wide (G width in UK sizing) as well. That is a solid choice.

There is another decent source from France called Bexley shoes. It is not that expensive (120 Euro) with decent quality and Blake stitched. Just link one I think that might fit you.

https://www.bexley.com/Bexley/en/p/dress_shoes/stresa?coloris=noir

Personally I do not know how wide the shoe you need, so you need to look at the website or check with the source to determine whether they fit you.

Hope that helps.
Thanks! I am also currently looking at Herring, Barker, Wildsmith shoes.

I think I like the Ringwood model, I will see if it's available in Wide.

· Registered
2,971 Posts
This may be out of your price range but one of my favorite Italian shoe producers is Santoni. They make both GYW and Blake shoes and the blake shoes probably would meet your criteria. Kind of sleek and soft soled. They can be found on sale (Harrods for example) and with sufficient price reduction may be in your price range. Regardless, look at the pics and see if that is indeed the style of shoe you are seeking.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
This may be out of your price range but one of my favorite Italian shoe producers is Santoni. They make both GYW and Blake shoes and the blake shoes probably would meet your criteria. Kind of sleek and soft soled. They can be found on sale (Harrods for example) and with sufficient price reduction may be in your price range. Regardless, look at the pics and see if that is indeed the style of shoe you are seeking.
It is out of my price range. I like the Darian since it comes in Wide, but it's $800. Haha!

I can afford it actually, but I don't think it is prudent at this time to spend that much.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.