Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a shirt that looks exactly like this (i.e. check width, color, button down collar) preferably without a colored logo. ( polo needs to stop putting their logo on every shirt btw)

Unfortunately they only only have this one left in XL and I am a SM. Any help is much appreciated.

· Registered
1,592 Posts
I think that's considered a sport shirt for PRL, so that's why the logo is on the chest. All of my PRL dress shirts have the logo on the side gusset, or there isn't one at all. I really like PRL's gingham, I have three of them and I'm hoping to expand my collection very soon.

· Registered
3,258 Posts
I like the J. Press version, though the color may not be an exact match. I have one that is in a darker blue and one in a lighter blue. But they are great shirts and are logo-free.
^+1. I have that Press shirt in red gingham. Excellent choice.

Another option would be Gitman. I suggest you do a Google and find a local retailer.

· Registered
1,366 Posts
Ben Silver and BB have it too ... but mind you, BB's version is non-iron. Ben Silver's is expensive imo ...

edit:
darn, I'dve sworn that I saw a navy blue gingham on BS website a few weeks back. All they have left is black and red in the outlet:
https://www.bensilver.com/fs_storefront.asp?root=341&show=346

The regular shirts are 'summer' colors, probably too light for you.

You can always go with Mercer:
https://mercerandsons.com/837nvy-2.375sq-96d-100r-237pix.JPG

· Banned
16,023 Posts
The Press version has a surprising, almost fashionably spread collar for a button down. It reminds me of the shirts the mods used to wear.

... and for some reason, I kind of dig it.

· Registered
1,240 Posts
I like the J. Press version, though the color may not be an exact match. I have one that is in a darker blue and one in a lighter blue. But they are great shirts and are logo-free.
Although I'm not crazy about the spread of the button down collar, I really like the fact that the shirt comes in proper neck and sleeve lengths and think I will buy at least one - probably the darker blue.

· Banned
16,023 Posts
Remember that the J Press shirts are pretty baggy .. nothing wrong, but doesn't suit slim guys :)
It can be slimmed down by a visit to the alterations tailor. There's only so much they can do of course, but one well-made shirt I had which was positively tent-like got trimmed down pretty well.

· Registered
1,240 Posts
Remember that the J Press shirts are pretty baggy .. nothing wrong, but doesn't suit slim guys :)
Thanks for the heads up on baggy. I have never had a J Press shirt yet, but as Jovan said, it can be altered. I don't think there is any way to get rid that hanging sheep that BB puts on their sport shirts.

Years ago I bought most of my clothing from Lew Ritters in Westwood Village. They would send a shirt over to Beverly Hills to a shirtmaker to have it tapered for me and the cost was $1.75. That is not a typo - we have just had a heck of a lot of inflation since that time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.