Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the posts on AAAT about Beltmaster are 5+ years old. I'm interested in the quality of the current offering.

I want to replace the gator belt I'm wearing with my Tiffany slide buckle, as it's definitely showing its age. My considerations for a gator-embossed-on-calf belt strap are:
  1. What's the expected lifespan I can hope to get out of this? I will mineral oil on occasion, but that's the extent of my care routine.
  2. Does the belt feel like natural leather, or cheap stiff plasticky (which IME will delaminate/separate/come unglued in very short time)
Reviews on Beltmaster seem mixed. A lot say they go great with the Tiffany buckle (but leave out how long the strap lasted), some say it's bonded leather and self-destructs in a year. So it would be good to solicit people's recent experiences with Beltmaster straps, especially the fake gator ones. A cherry on top would be someone who got Betlmaster years past and also recently, so straps of different vintage can be compared.

And lastly feel free to suggest if I should look beyond the alligator embossed straps (such as https://www.beltmaster.com/4396.html), be specific.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have two beltmaster straps that I purchased in August. They work great with my 1 inch Trafalgar buckle, but I can't speak for Tiffany.

The leather on my black faux croc strap is quite supple and feels like a better than average belt for the price, but since I've only worn it about 10 or so times since I bought it, I can't speak for longevity.

But do avoid the "cognac" color that is on deep discount, it looks like plastic and the leather is very stiff (probably why it is on sale for $10).

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have two beltmaster straps that I purchased in August. They work great with my 1 inch Trafalgar buckle, but I can't speak for Tiffany.

The leather on my black faux croc strap is quite supple and feels like a better than average belt for the price, but since I've only worn it about 10 or so times since I bought it, I can't speak for longevity.

But do avoid the "cognac" color that is on deep discount, it looks like plastic and the leather is very stiff (probably why it is on sale for $10).
Perfect, this is the type of information I'm looking for. Their navy croc is interesting and I'd guess hard to find without going custom.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The beltmaster strap quality is really hit and miss. Mostly miss IMHO. My lighter brown embossed gator strap is pretty scuffed on the shiny side from my Tiffany buckle. The plain 1inch straps (black, brown, burgundy) are so so. They say "genuine leather" on the back and somewhat plasticky.

Then again, I bought a wider brown suede belt strap with holes which is much nicer than expected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.