Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello- a question for our London friends-

I'm thinking about taking my wife to London around April 23-28, staying central/Hyde Park region.

1) Any reason to avoid London that week?
2) Any especially good reason to be there then?

Hotel recommendations?

Cheers!

· Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think the UK plans that far ahead any more. Two places to keep an eye on are the Metropolitan Police and Transport for London but they do not have information for that far ahead. Keep checking.

https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/tube/default.html

Can't help with hotels as I have never needed one but don't expect value for money.
Thanks-

As for value- prices have really come down. Ritz starting at $300 for example (versus over $500 when the pound was high). But we'll opt for cheap/chain this trip and save money for shoes ;)

· Registered
227 Posts
Have you thought of looking at Hotels in St James ?? Years ago I stayed in the De Vere Cavendish on Jermyn St. It's a surreal experience to fall out of the Hotel's front door and into Harvie and Hudson- though not unpleasant ! My wife wouldn't let me go out alone by the end of the week.
In answer to your question theres nearly always some political demonstration going on but usually little real disruption.

· Registered
561 Posts
I would also suggest (as it's a food & drink thread) stop for a coffee in St James Church, Piccadilly, there is an entrance from Jermyn St :icon_smile:.
I can't speak for the coffee, but this Wren church has a lovely interior and atmosphere.

F.

· Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would also suggest (as it's a food & drink thread) stop for a coffee in St James Church, Piccadilly, there is an entrance from Jermyn St :icon_smile:.
I can't speak for the coffee, but this Wren church has a lovely interior and atmosphere.

F.
Cheers!

Back in the 90's I was in a brass ensemble that toured central england for two weeks. FOund the best tea and scones at the local churches- just drop in around tea time unannounced and the kettle was always on.

I'd love to try living in Great Britain some day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.