Men's Clothing Forums banner

London in September - need some help!

6862 Views 29 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Andy
Working on a get together in London in September (I know it's some months away) but would like to narrow down some details.

We would meet on/near Jermyn Street in the early evening. Would you like to meet at a shop and then go on to a pub? Or just meet at a pub?

If a shop - any suggestions? Any contacts with shop owners?

And/or if a pub, which one(s) would you suggest?

THANKS
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 30 Posts
Do you have a specific date in mind?
Sept 12, 13, 26, 27, or 29, and would like to get some input about the dates and locations.
Perfect! That's the kind of local knowledge I'm looking for. There is also Duke's bar in the Hotel of the same name, and another Red Lion and a Golden Lion, and Checker's pub, Davy’s at St. James! ??
Any preference as to date/day?
Updated information! Would you be interested in a tour of a well known British shoe factory in Northampton? It would take most of the day from London and they are limited in the number of visitors they can accommodate!

And recommenced pubs (some already mentioned):

The Red Lion (Duke of York St.) or Chequers Tavern (Duke Street). And another suggestion for The London beer house on the end of the Royal Opera Arcade, St. James.

Anyone know how big the Dukes bar (Dukes Hotel) on St. James Pl. is?
Duke's bar per se is fairly small. The American Bar in Blue Ball Yard (stop giggling...) has tables outside which are really nice when the weather plays ball (pun intended), but very popular and I'm not sure you can reserve tables.

Preliminary numbers and dates would be helpful; I might be able to sign you into one of my clubs if numbers aren't too big.
NewLondoner:

THANKS. You have the dates in a prior post and that's exactly what we're working on is the number of attending Members. First we have to establish an agenda!
My advice would be to meet up at the Bar Americain, which is in the basement of Brasserie Zedel (off Piccadilly Circus) - both places never fail to impress, from the art deco surroundings to the food to the prices (Very affordable)...
Good info and bowtieguyuk2000, great to hear from you.
A rough proposition for your review! Maybe Wednesday Sept. 12, we meet after 4 PM for two hours or less at a famous shoe shop (maybe they might have a discount for us) and then walk (short walk) to The Chequers Tavern for drinks and conversation?
In my experience Davy's is best for accommodating large groups after work - most other places fill up fast, especially between now and late September.
PinkestFlamingo:

Do they have beer or just wine?
Does this sound reasonable?

Wednesday Sept. 12, we meet after 4 PM for two hours or less at a famous shoe shop (maybe they might have a discount for us) and then walk (short walk) to The Chequers Tavern for drinks and conversation?
Anyone interested?
I expect to be in London in September.
Trimmer:
It would be great to see you again (last time was 2013!). Does this format work for you?

Wednesday Sept. 12, we meet after 4 PM for two hours or less at a famous shoe shop and then walk (short walk) to The Chequers Tavern for drinks and conversation?​
Getting some details put together! Some have suggested the Red Lion pub on Duke of York Street. Does that sound OK?
1 - 13 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.