Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
without a doubt, THE most common statement that is made to me about my suits is:

"Nice suit, what brand?"
And building upon that, wasn't it common practice for gentlemen in the 1920s and 30s to compliment each other's suits and then inquire as to who tailored it?

--Chase

·
Registered
302 Posts
Of course, and I would think a gentleman would ask about the tailor/brand so as to potentially acquire it himself. BUT, I also think that it's in poor taste to flash that around. Maybe it's something of discretion for me that I like?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Of course, and I would think a gentleman would ask about the tailor/brand so as to potentially acquire it himself.
That reminds me of an exchange between Jeeves and Wooster. Wooster has acquired a white mess jacket, which he plans to wear as formal wear during the summer months. Jeeves, of course, hates the notion:

Wooster: Jeeves, I tell you, this mess coat is the thing! Whenever I wear it at a function at the Drones Club, everything looks at it curiously and inquires as to who my tailor is.

Jeeves: No doubt, sir, in an attempt to avoid him. :icon_smile_big:

--Chase

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.