Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to purchase some logo-less pique knit polo shirts.
I prefer the heavier knits and 2 button plackets (made in the USA would be a plus). I can find nice ones at Grass Court www.grasscourt.com but I can't seem to find ones with thin even horizontal stripes.
Anyone got any tips?

Thanks.........

·
Registered
88 Posts
It's my guess that you ask this question because of the prohibition against animate objects/pictures---is that correct? If so, I have the same difficulty. Many quality brands, such as RL, BB, LaCoste etc. have all those irritating sheep, horses, penguins whatever staring out from the front of the shirt. Of course I understand the brand label issue, but personally I tend towards minimalism.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've always enjoyed the J. C. Penney St. Johns Bay polo shirts. They often go on sale for $10-$15 and best part--no logo!! They have many basic (navy, black, white, cream, red) and other colors, wear well, and become very "tradly" IMHP as they age. Definitely worth checking them out. Hope this link works for you:

·
Banned
806 Posts
I second the motion to try J.Crew. In their current sale, their pique knit polos are $20. In my opinion, they are very high quality for this price range. And they have no logo.

JD

·
Registered
15 Posts
One that I think is really good is Macy's Tasso Elba Polo shirts. Mercerized cotton, usually good colors, solids, some stripes. The best part is that they are around $55 and often on sale for $35-$40.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Paul Stuart makes thick pique-knit polo both with and without the logo. I believe they have three buttons, but its not one of those long plackets.

"In six days, do you hear me, six days, God made the world. And you are not bloody well capable of making me a pair of trousers in three months!"

"But my dear Sir, my dear Sir, look—at the world—and look—at my TROUSERS!"

·
Registered
562 Posts
try www.Bodenusa.com

Leon

"A man should look as though he has chosen his clothes with intelligence, put them on with care and then forgotten all about them."

Sir Hardy Amies

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Aaah yes, logo-less polos. Years ago I bought a dozen from a uniform supplier which are still going strong. Unfortunately, they didn't have the zany, preppy, pink & green colours so I am stuck with white, green, and navy blue.

SunniS, if you are on a budget you might have luck with polos from companies which supply to corporate or team customers. You will be able to get 100%, pique-knit polos at really cheap prices (which means buy more and layer!). Again, though, the crazier colours might not be available.

DD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.