Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have these been discussed? They look like the Bean answer to LE Premium and, of course, Bill's.

Bean also has a u-stripe oxford in peach/coral. It is non iron. I don't think I could pull off a full peach oxford, but a stripe I could do.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't believe that they have been discussed; it looks like they are brand new. Thanks for mentioning them; i failed to notice them in the new Bean catalog, although they may not have been there.

I like the fact that they don't seem to have the perma-crease down the front that the LL Bean dress chinos and double L chinos have. I'm happy to see they they aren't described as being non-iron, but they do say "they look as good as they feel" which could be code for non-iron.

They only other issue is that whole problem of cuffing. It has been my experience that LL Bean won't cuff pants before sending them, which really isn't too much of a problem since that gives me the opportunity to wash them prior to cuffing. My local LL Bean store (Tyson's Corner Mall) will cuff pants for $6 with one-day turnaround time, which is excellent, but they don't seem to do anything other than 1.5 inch cuffs, even when I specifically ask for something else.

As for the the peach university stripe, the color scheme is nice, but the shirts, in my opinion are not. I had one of those shirts, in a different color obviously, but I didn't like it and I ended up giving it away; too much non-iron teflon. For me it's the Brooks non-non-iron OCBD only.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Have these been discussed? They look like the Bean answer to LE Premium and, of course, Bill's.

Bean also has a u-stripe oxford in peach/coral. It is non iron. I don't think I could pull off a full peach oxford, but a stripe I could do.
The Heritage Khaki looks great. And they come in odd size waist. Anyone know how the fit is? Are they loose fit or slimmer?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I just purchased some LLB chinos last week and I don't remember these being on the website then.

They also have signature chino shorts/

·
Registered
688 Posts
I bought a pair with some of those $10 coupons. They are nice, with a peached cotton that is quite soft. They are, however, big--not M1 variety, but big, and I don't usually find wide-legged khakis appealing with cuffs. They are very traditional old-style WW II types, but not Bill's. I like them though I would not have bought them without the coupons.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I ordered some way back when...and didn't think they were really worth $50. I sent mine back. They are fine, but not nearly as nice as Bills. Not the same ballpark.

I think, for me, I have come to the conclusion that I am not a huge fan of Bean pants. I LOVE their shirts and sweaters and other stuff, but just not pants. For me, PRL pants and Bills are my favorites.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.